Calibrate motion sensor

haproot

Reaction score
Is there a way to calibrate the motion sensor on the Droid? Or even a need to do so?:motdroidhoriz:

iPirate

Reaction score
accelerometer?

it shouldn't need calibration, what makes you think it is needed?

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
Accelerometer/motion sensor what-have-you. i've noticed my droid isnt quite centered. Like when playing Labrynth i can lay the phone flat on a surface and the ball will star rolling off in a certain direction. I can tell with just that its off a bit. With my touch pro there was an option to calibrate it. I had to do it once in a great while.

iPirate

Reaction score
Accelerometer/motion sensor what-have-you. i've noticed my droid isnt quite centered. Like when playing Labrynth i can lay the phone flat on a surface and the ball will star rolling off in a certain direction. I can tell with just that its off a bit. With my touch pro there was an option to calibrate it. I had to do it once in a great while.
I think that game has an option to calibrate within the menus

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
Interesting i'll have to take a look. I've also noticed when laying it on a flat surface it likes to switch to landscape mode when I didn't even hold it with the left edge down. Kindof an annoyance.. but no big really i just have to pic it up and shake it a bit. Thanks for the reply.

Edit: Nice just found the calibrate option within Labrynth.

crspang

Reaction score
Down load a bubble level app and calibrate the app and test it against a known level surface using a standard level.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apps and games using the acc should have a calibrate function, as for the compass, you move the phone in a horizontal figure "8" to recalibrate that.

jmwend

Reaction score
Can you explain calibrating the compas a little better. A horizontal figure 8? you mean hold the phone verticle and make it go in a figure 8 on the horizontal plane? how do you know this calibrates it? I've been seeing discrepencies in my google maps indicator directions and the actual direction im heading. Do you need to hold the phone verticle to see which direction your facing?