Calculator

vegasdroid

Reaction score
This is for those of you that already got your Droids. One of the things that I will use a lot at work is the calculator. So I was wondering how good is the calculator on the Droid, is it a full function one like you would buy in the store, or is it a worthless one like on my dumb phone that can only add 1 +1. Can it do percentage and other regular calculator functions? I want to eliminate having to carry a calculator in my pocket in addition to the phone. Thanks for the info.

rroof

Reaction score
It has some great, large buttons, but is very basic. There is an "advanced panel" for sin, cos, tan, pi, e, etc., but it is not near as nice as the iPhone calculator app. I'm sure a nice app can be found if you really use one that much.

OP
vegasdroid

vegasdroid

Reaction score
It sounds like it might have what I need. But I want to make sure. I don't need pi or anything scientific, but I work in sales in a furniture store and I need percentage and dividing, adding,etc., the stuff you would find on a fairly basic calculator you buy in a store.

Donsell

Reaction score
The included calculator doesn't have percentages, but there are numerous free scientific and financial calculators available for download.

Remnever

Reaction score
Yeah I would just download a free calculator from the Marketplace.

kmbert12

Reaction score
How do I stop the calculator app from running, after I stopped using it, it always shows up in my search page. When I hit the quick search box, a blank page appears with the calculator shortcut at the top, then the keyboard appears for the typing, but the shortcut never leaves. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

thelion

Reaction score
If you need percentages just multiply the number by 1-X (percent). For instance if you want to know what 15% off of $50 you would multiply 50 by .85 new total would be $42.50

Not that hard folks.

n0cturne74

Reaction score
The native calculator is actually pretty nice. It is full screen and has big buttons. I don't recall a percent button being on any of my calculators... I've always had to multiply x .XX

Catnip326

Reaction score
The calculator needs a backspace key. It only has a clear key. You type a wrong digit, then your clearing all of it and starting over.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the beauty of Android....if you don't like what it gives you, find a better alternative in the Market

There are PLENTY of better calculators in the Market

dtartini

Reaction score
The calculator needs a backspace key. It only has a clear key. You type a wrong digit, then your clearing all of it and starting over.
Yeah talk about an oversight. I personally use calculator (same name as stock app but its a scientific calc).