Cache Wipe DROID RAZR

T1125P

Reaction score
Hi all. I was reading that if you do a cache wipe the phone will be more stable and crash less. If I do this, will all my settings be erased? Is it like a system reset? Hope not. Another reason is since, I use Ford SYNC in my car, after the ICS update my contacts won't download anymore to my car. If anyone has a Ford with SYNC let me know if there is something I can do to fix this, I read a cache wipe might fix it but want to know the risks before I do it.

Thanks

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Wiping cache should not eliminate any personal data. If you clear data then that is a different story. Clearing cache can improve phone performance and free resources. Try 1tap cache cleaner from Play Store if you want a pretty good cache cleaner.

I had the same problem on my 150. I cleared the Blue tooth connection data on phone and truck and cleared the phone data stored on the truck. Then I setup the sync from scratch. Had no problem after that.... just clear all information on phone related to Ford Sync and same for auto/truck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
T1125P

T1125P

Reaction score

joshxdroid

Reaction score
You can clear the cache partition in boot mode/recovery. That's the way i do it. And no, it does not erase personal data and settings

OP
T1125P

T1125P

Reaction score
Oh almost forgot before I do it, all my apps will still be there? I mean I want the phone exactly the same as I have it now, after I clear the cache.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Oh almost forgot before I do it, all my apps will still be there? I mean I want the phone exactly the same as I have it now, after I clear the cache.

Yes... :) the apps will still be there, your info will be too.. needles files will be removed..that's it.