bluetooth problems

Pwieser

Reaction score
Hi, i am new to the forum. I am not sure if anyone else is having a problem with their Droid and bluetooth. I just got a new ford with their sync (bluetooth) system. Everytime i get in the car my ringtones start playing from the media. I called my services provided, who then contacted their Droid 'department' and they said that i need to shut off my bluetooth and i won't have the problem anymore. Duh! i called ford and they say its a Droid thing. Not sure what to do, but the ringtone thing is getting old.

HamDog

Reaction score
Hi, i am new to the forum. I am not sure if anyone else is having a problem with their Droid and bluetooth. I just got a new ford with their sync (bluetooth) system. Everytime i get in the car my ringtones start playing from the media. I called my services provided, who then contacted their Droid 'department' and they said that i need to shut off my bluetooth and i won't have the problem anymore. Duh! i called ford and they say its a Droid thing. Not sure what to do, but the ringtone thing is getting old.

By default, music starts playing everytime your droid gets hooked up to your factory stereo using bluetooth. I have music files and my music starts playing everytime I turn on the car, but I actually like that feature.

First, try taking your ringtones out of your "Music" folder. Put it any other folder. I personally don't use ringtones, so I'm guessing here. I think the stock Android player only looks in the music folder, but I could be wrong.

If that doesn't work, download another music player from the market place. I personally use MortPlayer. MortPlayer is a folder based music system, where you specify the folders you want it to play (rock folder, jazz folder, etc.). Make a separate folder for your ringtones and exclude it from the mortplayer list. Then in the mortplayer properties, tell it to make Mortplayer your default music player.

Sorry I don't have an easier answer. These are just a couple of quick suggestions off the top of my head. Let us know if it worked.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting! I have a rooted Droid. I use BT on a regular basis in my car and it does not play a ringtone when it connects.

Your suggestion makes sense, HamDog

Mike

HamDog

Reaction score
Mike, I should clarify that in this scenario, by bluetooth I mean stereo systems that make stereo music available as a service on bluetooth, not just voice.

For example, my friends car (Mercedes) has bluetooth built-in to the factory system. It pairs automatically whenever he turns on the ignition. But that stereo is NOT capable of streaming music through bluetooth, just voice. Our Droids look at services available after pairing with bluetooth and if stereo music streaming isn't one of the services, then it will not automatically start playing the music player.

I have a separate bluetooth adaptor installed in my car and hooked up to my factory stereo system where it is capable of streaming music (Alpine, Parrot, etc). In this case, my music automatically starts playing everytime I turn on the ignition. I believe the OP also has a system with streaming music capabilities.

Also, try plugging in a set of stereo headphones. You should also hear music playing instantly!

Not sure if rooting makes any difference. I'm not rooted (FRG01B).

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, Ham.

I have a Lexus RX and my Droid connects without issue. The RX does not allow me to connect any mp players and does not use the MS Sync technology. I wonder if or how either may impact.

Mike

HamDog

Reaction score
Mike, if your car had streaming music over bluetooth capability, you would automatically hear the music as soon as you turned on your ignition. I'm gonna make a YouTube video one of these days using my Alpine EX-10 vehicle bluetooth adapter. Hang tight!

HamDog

Reaction score
I did this video quickly this afternoon:

[video=youtube;UjfrxJrtgj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjfrxJrtgj4"]Click here for my YouTube video[/video]