Built in Wifi tether on MIUI

juniorjwh

Reaction score
Does, or has, the built in wireless tether ever worked on any miui builds?

And yes I realize there is a free app that works great. But I hate adding an app, when its built in. Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

illmatic636

Reaction score
Does, or has, the built in wireless tether ever worked on any miui builds?

And yes I realize there is a free app that works great. But I hate adding an app, when its built in. Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App[/QUOT

Well look at it this way. I believe it works on the devices it was intended for. As you know this is a port, so, features of it may not be available on the droid. And on a different note, your better off downloading a program to do wifi tether. At least you'll know when the software is updated.

OP
juniorjwh

juniorjwh

Reaction score
Thats why I was asking. I thought it was maybe me, so I thought I would ask and see if anyone else had it working.

Z

ZeroBarrier

The Motorola Droid does not have the hardware necessary to do AP (Access Point) tethering. Wi-Fi Tether for Root Users is the only work-around permitting Droid users to create Ad-Hoc connections and share it's network that way.

Unless the Chinese MIUI Devs decide to directly make a Droid port and re-code the whole Wi-Fi tethering options in the settings menu to work by creating Ad-Hoc connections by way of Root, then it will most likely never work from the built in settings page.

As far as the MIUI Devs are concerned, this really isn't an issue as the Milestone did come packed with the necessary hardware to create AP tethering.

OP
juniorjwh

juniorjwh

Reaction score
Thanks zero for the info, that's all I was looking for. Much appreciated

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The Motorola Droid does not have the hardware necessary to do AP (Access Point) tethering. Wi-Fi Tether for Root Users is the only work-around permitting Droid users to create Ad-Hoc connections and share it's network that way.

Unless the Chinese MIUI Devs decide to directly make a Droid port and re-code the whole Wi-Fi tethering options in the settings menu to work by creating Ad-Hoc connections by way of Root, then it will most likely never work from the built in settings page.

As far as the MIUI Devs are concerned, this really isn't an issue as the Milestone did come packed with the necessary hardware to create AP tethering.

AP (infrastructure mode) is not possible with our tiwlan driver. As far as i know its only possible on some bcm_XXXX(HTC devices) chipsets. so Ad-Hoc is all we have.

matax

Reaction score
so here is a question with this, i have the HTC Droid Incredible and have used the bulit in wifi tether and it works just fine from what I have used, now when using this is it going to be charging me from verizon like the other one thst was built into android 2.2?

Sent from my ACER Iconia Tab a500