Bring D2G Back To Life!

crisd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
V20, Note 3
So fast forward 6 years from when I last picked up my Droid 2 Global , I want to bring back my zombie Droid 2 global back to life! LOL My new LG V20 sucks! and I want to pull my old Droid out of the the drawer and use it for a while as my daily driver. I'd love to use a new ROM, after all these years has it ever been settled which is the most capable and smoothest stable package? I don't want to lose any stock capabilities, what did the community finally determine was the best stock replacement? I've just spent the last 4 hours reading forums, and CM9 seemed to be the most advanced but had a lot of problems as has CM7. Were those issues ever fixed? I can't find a thread that states so. What about other ROMs? Thanks for anyone taking the time to reply to this thread, if you can get me up and running with something new, I will gladly make a donation.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, been a long time since I heard someone talk about the D2G! I can't remember off the top of my head what was the best ROM at the time. I think it's a neat idea to try and put that old tech back to work though!

OP
C

crisd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
V20, Note 3
I've been reading as much as I can and trying to find out if the camera issue was ever resolved. The prospect of using Ice Cream on it was cool, but not if all the bugs weren't ironed out. And then I still have to find someone who still has that ROM saved somewhere!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Looking through the other thread you posted in, I'm not sure if any of the former custom ROM'ers are still around here & would be able to help. Hopefully someone can help out with what you are looking for; this place used to be full of those types of discussions. The Droid 2 was a cool phone, wish I still had one of my Droid or Droid 3 phones. Good luck!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk