D2g battery life now longer

CrazeePolak

Reaction score
Hey wuts up im new to the forums but not to the droid. Started with a bb storm 2 and after 2 new swaps I was offered a droid 1 in june n couldn't believe wut I was missing. Than recently it broke n bestbuy gave me the D2g even though I wanted the x but wutevr. When I first got it battery life was garbage even after checkin gsm network only and deleting retorted widgets n blur crap. I got 6 hours at the most even just in standby! But since the update they released I get now ovr 24 hours standby and around 12 hours if used heavily! Its freaked sweet... anyone else experience this? ?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

tebower

Reaction score
No, my battery life is still pretty mediocre at best. I find that if I turn off autosync, I can get a few more hours.

K20turbo

Reaction score
Its all in your head dude when I first got my dog it died so quick after few charge/discharge cycles phone lasted a lot longer than the first weeks also I tweaked settings as well as stopped checking out the phone

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

jamesondroid

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing, mine wasn't totally awful to begin with - I got 8 - 10 hours out of it to begin with. after the update I got maybe 12-14 hrs with regular to heavy use.

I have changed a bunch of stuff and am getting 20-22 hrs of reg to heavy use. I am working on a post explaining what all I have done.

mrmattch3w

Reaction score
@ james. cool! can't wait!

@k20. thanks. its a reassuring to know itll get a bit better after a few more cycles

im debating getting the extended battery but i think ill wait til gingerbread is officially released for this phone. =[ hurry up developers and release it!

jamesondroid

Reaction score
@ james. cool! can't wait!

@k20. thanks. its a reassuring to know itll get a bit better after a few more cycles

im debating getting the extended battery but i think ill wait til gingerbread is officially released for this phone. =[ hurry up developers and release it!

I read somewhere Gingerbread wont hit our phones until March or April... not sure how correct that is but

Batfan.com

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing, mine wasn't totally awful to begin with - I got 8 - 10 hours out of it to begin with. after the update I got maybe 12-14 hrs with regular to heavy use.

I have changed a bunch of stuff and am getting 20-22 hrs of reg to heavy use. I am working on a post explaining what all I have done.

Please do, I would love to read it :)

Just switched from a Droid 1 to a Droid 2 Global and my battery life is terrible. I spent maybe a total of 15 mins on my phone yesterday and it was dead by 7pm (after charging for 7 hours the previous night).