Brightness

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I have my brightness down to30% and while it saves battery life i guess, it takes away from the screen. does anyone keep their brightness on the highest setting all the time, and how does that help battery life? :motdroidhoriz:

normlkid

Reaction score
this is horrible for battery life. I'm also overclocked to 950mhz, but then again I'm around a computer all day so charging is not a big deal.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I always use the auto-brightness function...it helps the battery a lot and you don't have to sacrifice a dim screen when you don't need it! I used to keep it on max all the time cause I loved the display of the beautiful screen, and I would try to justify it by cutting down on other things to try and save battery....but I found after a while that that didn't work, no matter how much I tried to convince myself to not turn the brightness down..lol..but the auto-brightness actually does function very well and I'm satisfied with it and can still enjoy the beauty of the Droid's screen

shademar

Reaction score
If I don't need to use the screen much, I'll keep it at max brightness (using BB at 800/125 mhz, screebl, and minimum screen timeout) as I can generally make it through the day on one charge just fine with a few calls, emails, and 2-6 hours of music player/radio streaming over either 3g or wifi (i.e., minimal screen use.)

If I'm doing any serious web browsing or using apps that need the screen fired up, I'll switch to auto-brightness or the dim setting if away from the charger. The screen in a huge battery hog compared to the rest of the system.

lysergia

Reaction score
So I have my brightness down to30% and while it saves battery life i guess, it takes away from the screen. does anyone keep their brightness on the highest setting all the time, and how does that help battery life? :motdroidhoriz:

I use a app called power manager that has profiles on it, so I run at 125 brightness until the battery runs down to about 30% then another profile will reduce the screen down to 20or so brightness.

I get thru a full 8hr day @ work checking my phone every 5 minutes or so, or messing around on the market and facebook but not for long periods of time. Most of the time my phone is in my pocket on sleep mode. So it is hard to tell, experiment around with that app you may like it.