Bricked droid x

jtreez30

Reaction score
I recently messed up my droid x and tried to recover it with RSDlite 4.8 and the 2.3.315 sbf file but I had no luck. RSDlite 4.8 kept giving me an error. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me and if there is someone in the San Diego that I could bring my phone to, that would be better.

Thanks,

Josh Talltree

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
J

jtreez30

Reaction score
The bootloader said err:a5 and that is followed by a few more numbers. My bootloader version is 30.04 and before this happened I flashed the leaked version of 2.3.320 and it was working great. Then I tried to flash tranquility 3.5.1 and it screwed up in the middle of the flashing process which caused me to become stuck on the M....

CD95YJ

Reaction score
That is why it messed up, you cannot go back to 2.3.15 from 2.3.32. Use the 2.3.32 sbf to flash again and you should be fine.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Tranquility seems to be crap. I hate to say that especially after I purchased their app today. I've never had a serious issue with any other rom, but I was lucky to regain my phone after Tranquility. The phone kept rebooting every 15 seconds and wouldn't let me install anything.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Tranquility seems to be crap. I hate to day that especially after I purchased their app today. I've never had a serious issue with any other rom, but I was lucky to regain my phone after Tranquility. The phone kept rebooting every 15 seconds and wouldn't let me install anything.

Give GummyJAR a go man, I wasn't really a big fan of Tranquility either, but the Dev for JAR has got his head in the right direction and the ROM is just absolutely flawless, runs smooth, looks great, AMAZING battery life, and VERY stable.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Tranquility seems to be crap. I hate to day that especially after I purchased their app today. I've never had a serious issue with any other rom, but I was lucky to regain my phone after Tranquility. The phone kept rebooting every 15 seconds and wouldn't let me install anything.

Give GummyJAR a go man, I wasn't really a big fan of Tranquility either, but the Dev for JAR has got his head in the right direction and the ROM is just absolutely flawless, runs smooth, looks great, AMAZING battery life, and VERY stable.

I will give it a try. GummyJar is one of about 2 that I haven't tried yet.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Im using darkslide and love it, but as with any rom, make sure you install it per the directions or you will get things like the reboots.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Im using darkslide and love it, but as with any rom, make sure you install it per the directions or you will get things like the reboots.

I always follow the instructions to a T. And by doing so I was surprised to have all the problems I did with Tranquility. The keyboard was crashing at the set up screen and I had to switch to Swype to even sign in to my phone. It went downhill from there. By following the directions that is given for a rom i would think it should at least install and not almost brick your phone. I was lucky to get out of Tranquility and without an sbf it's a scary thing.

I sure hope they come out with a full sbf for the new update soon. Until then I sure won't be trying Tranquility again.

P.S. I also liked Darkslide

sully112277

Reaction score
I have the same issue now. I have no service now and cant install anything to get at my backup. just keeps rebooting. Still has the tranquility boot animation as well. Tried the 2.3.32 sbf to flash but no luck. Starting to get a little worried.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I have the same issue now. I have no service now and cant install anything to get at my backup. just keeps rebooting. Still has the tranquility boot animation as well. Tried the 2.3.32 sbf to flash but no luck. Starting to get a little worried.

I feel for you... Tranquility is utter garbage. What I did that saved me was in between rapid reboots was go to settings, privacy, and factory reset. It did a cleaner install of the program that lasted long enough for me to get Astro installed so I could install Bootstrap. The moment I bootstrapped I loaded a backup of a working rom. On the first load of this program it wouldn't let install ANYTHING because it was rebooting so quickly. I tried for a half hour and was getting worried.

I wish you hadn't done the sbf since we don't have the current sbf yet. There is concern about whether from the leak update you can get back into the path of ota updates. Hopefully they have this issue resolved.

Stay clear of Tranquility people, its garbage.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Tranq was working just fine for me, and yes p3 has 4 .zip files to get from 2.3.32 to ota settings. What version of tranq were you installing 3.6 is for anyone on 2.3.34, any other version could do exactly what you are describing. Make sure you do nandroids and with most rims make sure you do a data wipe and clear your cache before applying the zip.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Kleen, me and you were interested in the same D2 ROMs, and personally I think you'd love Gummy. I did testing for the D2 version and they've release a theme for it. Its an awesome rom. I would recommend it to anyone with a DX or D2.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Kleen, me and you were interested in the same D2 ROMs, and personally I think you'd love Gummy. I did testing for the D2 version and they've release a theme for it. Its an awesome rom. I would recommend it to anyone with a DX or D2.

Last night I downloaded the newest version of gummyjar to my phone and will give it a try today. I have backups of most of the Roms and so far I keep coming back to Apex. I'll give gummyjar a try this morning! Thanks ...

sully112277

Reaction score
Up and running again. Did a run on dark slide. wasnt too bad but blurry even though it claims the earlier release is blur free. Then tried out gummy jar and that seems like the way to go for me. Smooth, stable and blur free. Updated market as well. The Ultimate Droid - Droid X RC2 has a long way to go but seems like it will be a winner too.
Had a busy day. haha

As for the concern about whether u can get from the leak update back into the path of ota updates i am sure there there will be a solution in due time.

Isnt there always a solution?