bothered by the buzz

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the notification vibrate?

Are you referring to one program or everything? To silence your phone completely, turn off everything by touching the volume adjustment downward.

Rettocs

Reaction score
But, if you are trying to disable it for one certain type (email, text, facebook), in the app you are looking to take the vib off or change the ringtone of, press the menu button, and go to Settings. You should find the options there.

OP
D

deolexrex

Reaction score
I would like to be able to turn everything off except the phone ringer and the alarm clock. Is that possible?

Rettocs

Reaction score
I would like to be able to turn everything off except the phone ringer and the alarm clock. Is that possible?

There is an app called "Quick Profile" that lets you make sound profiles that you can easily switch to and then you can link it to your home screen. I use it a lot. It allows you to pick the exact volume of each category, as well as choose whether each category vibrates or not. Lastly, and least importantly, you can also put screen brightness settings for each profile, as well. I created a night profile for this use.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

If you're looking to turn everything off except for the ringer and alarm clock at certain times, and switch back to having everything else on quickly, use their advice.

If you just want to have the phone ring and the alarm clock as your primary "sound profile," you should disable notification ringtones in any app that you still want a notification for, as well as vibrate. They should all have these options.

I have my e-mail accounts setup to not ring or vibrate. Instead, the notifications appear in the status bar, and the LED blinks.

As well, you can disable vibrate and default notification sounds in the sound and display settings menu.

[Wasn't sure if you were looking for different profiles that you can switch between, or if you just wanted things to stay the way you're asking if you can get them, so I figured I'd offer another perspective!]

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure OP was asking for specific sound profiles as much as (he) wanted to just disable all notifications, which is easily accomplished by going home - menu - settings - sounds and display - notification ringtone (silent). vibration is setup individually through each application, so check the menu - settings of apps like email, messaging and calendar to make sure those are all turned off too.

(EDIT: What Johnny said)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
i'm not sure OP was asking for specific sound profiles as much as (he) wanted to just disable all notifications, which is easily accomplished by going home - menu - settings - sounds and display - notification ringtone (silent). vibration is setup individually through each application, so check the menu - settings of apps like email, messaging and calendar to make sure those are all turned off too.

(EDIT: What Johnny said)

Hey...are you following me...?

Silver Member
Reaction score
apparantly. maybe i'll just shuddap for a while.

M

Matth3w

There is an app called "Quick Profile" that lets you make sound profiles that you can easily switch to and then you can link it to your home screen. I use it a lot. It allows you to pick the exact volume of each category, as well as choose whether each category vibrates or not. Lastly, and least importantly, you can also put screen brightness settings for each profile, as well. I created a night profile for this use.
Unfortunately, this isn't entirely true.

To get Quick Profiles to work where it sets everything to vibrate, you have to have the notifications set to vibrate at all times through their applications.

So in other words, if you're like me, and want to have everything either ring only, vibrate only, and alarm/phone only (3 settings), this won't work. I don't want my phone vibrating AND ringing. If it's sitting on the desk next to me or on the couch next to me, I don't want it to vibrate AND ring. No reason.

With ringer mode set on vibrate, and notification volume set to 0%, your notifications will be completely silent and the LED will blink...UNLESS you have the notifications set to vibrate at all times via their respective programs.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
apparantly. maybe i'll just shuddap for a while.

Don't do that...I got the info from my first answer you followed me on from a post that YOU created...Haha! Plus, I worked all night and should probably pass out pretty soon before I begin making delirious comments...I think I may have already done so in other threads...Ha!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm less picky. I leave my phone at full volume/vibrate most of the time. That way, if it's in the other room, I hear it. If I'm watching a movie loud, I've got a chance to hear it. If I'm driving or somewhere where it's loud and it's in my pocket, I feel it.

I WILL, however, in public places turn the volume down a bit if the surroundings aren't very loud.

At work, I put the phone on silent and check it on my breaks.

As well, I'm a heavy sleeper, and it seems like the phone vibrating on my nightstand wakes me up faster than a regular alarm at the same volume. :)

Of course, ALL of this is just preference.

Still pretty sure the original poster isn't worried about profiles, but Idk.

M

Matth3w

I NEVER go anywhere with my ringer on. Unless it's some long road trip. I can't stand people in public that have their phone set on what sounds like loud as hell in the middle of something. No one cares that you are getting a phone call. It's just a peeve of mine. It's not a knock on you.

So I don't want my phone to vibrate and ring at pretty much anytime. Either completely vibrate for everything or completely ring for everything (except at night, then I don't want to hear some Twitter update at 3am).

Silver Member
Reaction score
ring + vibrate ftw. if my phone is on my person, where i can feel the vibrate, i'll typically answer the phone before the ringer becomes obnoxious. if my phone is not on my person, i'll be able to hear it and respond.

i never have my phone actually with me 100% of the time, and remembering to switch between ring and don't ring is too much of a hassle.