bootloader issues...

jwaresolutions

Reaction score
primary problem - when i boot the phone holding the power and optical joystick and choose bootloader, then when i click on recovery after that, the phone just goes back to the previous menu with bootloader as one of the options. it never goes to the black screen where i would normaly press up and power to get teh other menu i can just sit there all day long clicking on recovery and bootloader. i have also tried useing programs designed to reboot into the bootloader and i have also tried rebooting holding the down on volume while holding the power button. none of it works.

so i used the 10 min root video on youtube to get root. i configured packet sniffer to work and also set up the droid boot anamation and nose when i decided to start looking into roms. after many different websites and what seemed to be alot of conflicting information i eventualy downloaded rom manager. rom manager would reboot and start installing then i would get a picture of the phone with a big X over it then the phone would reboot like normal. so i tried unrevoked 3 i must have tried it about 50 times and most of the time i got a unique error each time. sometimes the phone would reboot and sometimes it wouldnt. either way it did stuff for a while then at some point the program would just stop doing anything. so i decided to tinker (ok i lie i was tinkering the whole time) and reboot and see if i could get into the menu where i did the origional adb push to root the phone in the first place. i am unable to get to that screen at all.

** Edit **
just wanted to throw in that my phone still works i just cant seem to put any roms on it and i think the bootloader issue has something to do with it.

Last edited:
OP
J

jwaresolutions

Reaction score
Problem solved, for some reason i forgot that i also own a Mac so i just went down the hall and tried unrevoked3 from my mac, worked like a champ first try no problems.