Bootloader help...... stuck

JoJoLanny

Reaction score
Make a long story short...... I think I actually mounted a wiped OS. How or why...... I dunno. Stupid, Rookie, Dumb mistake. Following a simple Data/Cache wipe and cache partition wipe prior to installing Tranquility I mounted system/ formatted data, system and cache. then tried reboot from clockwork. Now screen is stuck on Tranquility. I managed to get the phone into Bootloader. It states "Battery OK" and "transfer method USB. Awaiting.....wait.......my SCREEN JUST WENT BLACK!!!! GREAT!!!! Not enough battery power to program!!!???? REALLY?!!!! I hope someone has some help for me. Any and all help ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ps - I am not a programmer or developer, so take it easy. I know rookie mistakes get old sometimes. I need step by step instructions on input methods and such. Thanks again.:icon_eek:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just recharge your battery. you don't need to boot into the bootloader. you just need to boot into recovery and reinstall your rom. you may have a corrupt dl of the rom, so you may want to re-download the rom again, put on sdcard (you can do this in recovery thru partitions menu, i believe - it allows you to mount USB while in recovery), and then reflash.

OP
JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

Reaction score
Bootloader

I can't get past the "Tranquility" logo when I power up. It's not a bootloop....It just will not get past the logo. When I do a reboot (power button + home button then let go of power button when you see exclamation....yada yada yada) it does nothing. A simple data/cache wipe with a cache partition wipe doesn't do anything. the only way to get something different is to plug it up to the computer.....that's when it takes me into bootloader. The phone programming has been wiped. It's bricked. But if you know anything else I can do...... I would reeeeaaallly appreciate it. No one else has replied. Thanks for your help.

XDRDX

Reaction score
Power off and then power on holding volume down and camera button puts you into bootloader mode.

Then flash the 2.3.340 full sbf from mydroidworld.com using rsd lite.

If you need to charge up your battery go to Verizon and ask to use a phone and charger for a bit.

That should fix you up. I will pm you a link to the sbf drivers and rsd lite.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I can't get past the "Tranquility" logo when I power up. It's not a bootloop....It just will not get past the logo. When I do a reboot (power button + home button then let go of power button when you see exclamation....yada yada yada) it does nothing. A simple data/cache wipe with a cache partition wipe doesn't do anything. the only way to get something different is to plug it up to the computer.....that's when it takes me into bootloader. The phone programming has been wiped. It's bricked. But if you know anything else I can do...... I would reeeeaaallly appreciate it. No one else has replied. Thanks for your help.

Clockwork should have installed an update.zip that you install to bootstrap recovery in a case like this. From there you can restore backups and such to get your phone working again.