Boot Loop? Please help.

BawBeeSew

Reaction score
My DNA is about 13 months old, never rooted, never messed much with settings etc.
I picked my phone up and my screen was on with a blacked out text box that said something to the effect off 'press the power button on 1 second to reboot'. Before I could process what I read, my phone shut off and has been in a "boot loop" since.
I have read everything I could find and finally decided to create an account and ask here.
I can get to the "Boot" screen by holding the power + Volume down buttons. If I press the volume down button again to select something, it immediately restarts the boot loop. If I do not attempt to select anything, I'm able to buy a couple useless seconds before it begins again.
I'm unsure what to do about it, and I of course have nothing backed up from the past 13 months (like a shameful idiot).
Please help?

I managed to USB my phone during the extra second I got when in the Boot menu. Forced it to switch to USB Boot menu. From there I was able to fully power off my phone. I left it alone for ten minutes, and it turned on like normal. Nothing lost, no recovery mode, no factory reset!
I decided to post the solution here to help those who have the same problem.

Last edited:

thevinh3391

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Droid DNa
Hello! The HTC Droid DNA're also facing the same situation as you. Do not know how you have found this bug yet? If possible, share with me? Please! I need too!