1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Boot Loop? Please help.

Discussion in 'HTC Droid DNA' started by BawBeeSew, Jan 30, 2014.

1. BawBeeSew

BawBeeSew New Member

My DNA is about 13 months old, never rooted, never messed much with settings etc.
    I picked my phone up and my screen was on with a blacked out text box that said something to the effect off 'press the power button on 1 second to reboot'. Before I could process what I read, my phone shut off and has been in a "boot loop" since.
    I have read everything I could find and finally decided to create an account and ask here.
    I can get to the "Boot" screen by holding the power + Volume down buttons. If I press the volume down button again to select something, it immediately restarts the boot loop. If I do not attempt to select anything, I'm able to buy a couple useless seconds before it begins again.
    I'm unsure what to do about it, and I of course have nothing backed up from the past 13 months (like a shameful idiot).
    Please help?

I managed to USB my phone during the extra second I got when in the Boot menu. Forced it to switch to USB Boot menu. From there I was able to fully power off my phone. I left it alone for ten minutes, and it turned on like normal. Nothing lost, no recovery mode, no factory reset!
    I decided to post the solution here to help those who have the same problem.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
Search tags for this page
boot loop htc one
boot loop on htc one after factory reset and will not do any
droid dna boot loop

droid dna bootloop

gvim pronunciation

htc dna boot loop

htc dna boot screen not able to select

htc one x boot loop