Boot Animation without root

spicyhambone

Reaction score
Howdy, folks!
I've wanted a new boot animation for a while, but I'm not savvy enough to root my phone. Is anyone developing an app that could change my boot animation and WON'T require me to root my DroidX?

I'm realistic. I have bad luck at stuff like this. The process of changing the boot animation seems complicated and frightening. Whaddya say? Who's on it?

Thanks,

Spicy Hambone

ps. I tried searching the boards for this but didn't find anything... Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. :)

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
????

Howdy, folks!
I've wanted a new boot animation for a while, but I'm not savvy enough to root my phone. Is anyone developing an app that could change my boot animation and WON'T require me to root my DroidX?

I'm realistic. I have bad luck at stuff like this. The process of changing the boot animation seems complicated and frightening. Whaddya say? Who's on it?

Thanks,

Spicy Hambone

ps. I tried searching the boards for this but didn't find anything... Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. :)

not sure this is possible without root. since the boot animation is on the system partition im not sure you can write to it without root. im pretty sure you cant.

OP
S

spicyhambone

Reaction score
Okay, so what if I WAS willing to root my phone? Could we see a boot animation customizing app then? The steps needed to change my boot animation seem confusing and a little intimidating. If I had an app that could do all the work for me (after I rooted my phone), that'd be super awesome. Possible?

666ogre666

Reaction score
Okay, so what if I WAS willing to root my phone? Could we see a boot animation customizing app then? The steps needed to change my boot animation seem confusing and a little intimidating. If I had an app that could do all the work for me (after I rooted my phone), that'd be super awesome. Possible?

Root tools on the market can do that for you

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums