Books app reading out loud?

haproot

Reaction score
Every single time I open a book in the books app it starts reading it out loud by default. I have to turn it off every time. I can't seem to find a way to just shut it off for good. Any ideas?

- from the GNex

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
Nobody has this issue???

- from the GNex

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
Running bugless beast.

- from the GNex

Kaiken

Reaction score
Also on stock. So annoying. It's on by default and there is no way to change it. Completely ruins my medieval visualization of Game of Thrones when that damn robot starts speaking.

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
I remember using that back in the OG days. I really dig the page transition animation in the books app. Also like the ability to get books off the market. It seems to be an app issue if you look at the reviews in the market it looks like others are having the same issue.

- from the GNex

azules9780

Reaction score
I have never have had that happen and I would actually like it if google books would read to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dmonzel

Reaction score
Menu > Setting > Accessibility > make sure TTS is not checked. If it isn't, check and uncheck.

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
Menu > Setting > Accessibility > make sure TTS is not checked. If it isn't, check and uncheck.

hmm I have no such option at all. Neither does my coworkers stock gnex.

- from the GNex

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
I have a talkback option which was off. I enabled it and then disabled it. No change.

- from the GNex

OP
haproot

haproot

Reaction score
It was light flow. An app for setting different color led notifications. I disabled that under accessibility and the issue disappeared.

- from the GNex

screaminz2002

Reaction score
I can verify this works.. You turn lightflow off under the setting>accessability and the stupid books quits reading by default.. Great find although now have to choose between which one you want to work..