Board activity

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is board activity waning? Is this due to lack of rooting and unlocked bootloaders? Just seems that even the admins are posting less.

I miss what we had 4-5 years ago.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's not just this forum, it's all. Facebook and other social media outlets are taking place of them.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Mustang's right.

I agree that I miss how hopping this place used to be.

My wife just had a baby over a month ago, so that explains why I haven't been around much, but even when I am around more, activity has definitely shifted to social media.

Used to be, you refresh the active topics & see a ton of new threads after only a few minutes. Now, you can go hours without anything new.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's a mixture of multiple things including all that was already said.

Remember, when this forum was first started the main topic and android device for Verizon was the Droid. Between the activities surrounding the development of android happening at the ground level with ROMs, people looking to add or make do with features missing that was on the competing iPhone, and the Droid being the direct competition to the iPhone (and at the time the closest thing we could get to an iPhone on Verizon for those wanting an iPhone), and this all help make this place the place to be.

Over the years we started to see the activity level decline as we saw more devices which stretched members to specific device related forums.

The same can be said with ROMs. As phones started to improve and incorporate features from Roms as standard, the excitement for the developer community dwindled.

With the main talk being about new phones and android builds, we are seeing more focus going toward social media, news sites, and YT videos. Forums are mainly a source for information (ie think tech library) now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk