PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Nice. Keep in mind the temp may have shortened your battery life.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nice. Keep in mind the temp may have shortened your battery life.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
That's what I'm thinking. Still. I'm sure I could've made it home if I hadn't dawdled around a bit. & the art center is where we rehearse, build sets, & do plays for my theater group. I'm confident I can make it there & back on one charge, but a backpack with the chargers will ensure I make it all the way home.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I also graduated to pro mode. Beginner tops out at 5mph, which feels kinda putzy once you get comfortable on it. Didn't top pro mode out at 15mph by any means, but definitely nice to have the option. Takes a bit of practice to accelerate smoothly in pro after spending time in beginner, but once I got the hang of that, I doubt I'll go to beginner mode again unless it's to just save battery or ride somewhere sketchy. Haha

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Great unboxing video JK.
I was actually surprised with how small the actual board itself was. I've seen some long boards with a similar setup when I lived in S.FL, but I have no idea what brand they were. I do know they provided a lot more stability. Those things would fly too. There were also a few guys that had a gas propulsion (or it could have been alcohol) type setup. I'm pretty sure those were handmade contraptions since they had throttle lines attached. They were a lot faster than the battery pack boards.

Thanks for sharing!
(I'm thinKing a re-edit with some Benny Hill music would be awesome) LOL!

S5 tap'n

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Part of the instability is my own not having been on a skateboard in years. It actually maneuvers great. Turns tighter. Not all of our sidewalk ramps at the road line up & I had to use the road in some places due to snow on the sidewalk. I don't think a long board would've made the tight turns.

As for the music, that stuff in the video was creative Commons approved royalty free. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6