Bluetooth power drop?

deathtoll2001

Reaction score
Hey there,

So a little while ago some of you sent me to the VZW store to replace my phone that got, more or less, bricked after a failed 2.1 update. Now I have a refurb phone and either the new phone or the 2.1 update has HORRENDOUSLY bad bluetooth range... My previous phone I went around telling everyone how amazing the Bluetooth was (I could get a clear signal nearly 100' away in another room!), now it cuts out when I'm 15 feet away across open space, below my desk, hell even if it's in the opposite pocket of my pants from the side of my head the receiver is on!!!

This is incredibly frustrating and I'd hate to go try yet another phone, since it took a good 4-5 hours to get this one more or less set up the way my other was. Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas for a fix? Perhaps a way to back up all the settings that aren't stored on the SD card so I can try another phone?

Thanks alot,
Eric

jrmatkin

Reaction score
MOTO Droid Bluetooth Range Dropped to Nothing

My bluetooth range was excellent with various bluetooth devices including stereo headset, but a couple of weeks ago, it went to nothing. I have to have the headset within a foot or two of the phone! :icon_evil:

Bluetooth is virtually useless on my phone now. I am going to call Verizon for an opinion.

jnew

Reaction score
Same here...

Has anyone found a solution? Bluetooth stereo for listening to music used to work fine, now the range is a matter of inches (I tried it on different devices).

jlongii

Reaction score
Same or similar issue

After the 2.1 update I can no longer pair up with the bluetooth in my car. Thought it was the phone so had it replaced but still won't pair up. This sounds like a problem with the software update.