Can't turn Bluetooth on -- Droid X

ralgrl73

Reaction score
I just got the Droid X and am still learning my way around. When I go into Settings --> Wireless & network settings --> Bluetooth and press it to turn on Bluetooth it won't turn on. It acts like it's doing something, the end result is that Bluetooth won't turn on. I don't know why.

Is there an app I downloaded that might be blocking it? If that's possible I'll reply and list all the apps I've downloaded.

I bought a Bluetooth set for the first time ever and really want to use it, but I can't get the phone to turn Bluetooth on, so I can't pair the piece to the phone. Frustrating.

Thanks!

Skull One

Reaction score
I just got the Droid X and am still learning my way around. When I go into Settings --> Wireless & network settings --> Bluetooth and press it to turn on Bluetooth it won't turn on. It acts like it's doing something, the end result is that Bluetooth won't turn on. I don't know why.

Is there an app I downloaded that might be blocking it? If that's possible I'll reply and list all the apps I've downloaded.

I bought a Bluetooth set for the first time ever and really want to use it, but I can't get the phone to turn Bluetooth on, so I can't pair the piece to the phone. Frustrating.

Thanks!

The fastest way I reset that condition is by holding down the power/standby button until a menu pops up that shows reboot the phone.

Reboot it and then try to turn on Bluetooth. That has worked every time on my Droid and my wife's Droid X when it fits your description.

Some people also recommend, if you don't want to reboot, to put the phone into airplane mode (using the same hold the power/standby button) and then bring it out of airplane mode and then try Bluetooth. I find that works about 40% of the time.

OP
R

ralgrl73

Reaction score

Thanks!

The fastest way I reset that condition is by holding down the power/standby button until a menu pops up that shows reboot the phone.

Reboot it and then try to turn on Bluetooth. That has worked every time on my Droid and my wife's Droid X when it fits your description.

Some people also recommend, if you don't want to reboot, to put the phone into airplane mode (using the same hold the power/standby button) and then bring it out of airplane mode and then try Bluetooth. I find that works about 40% of the time.

That works!!! Thanks so much!