bluetooth issue!!

4myeuro

Reaction score
I have a 2012 VW GTI and when I first bought the car my Bluetooth worked through my radio to play Pandora. Recently, I have been getting a message saying that my Bluetooth audio is "not compatible"... my friend has an iPhone 4 and it connects just fine. The weird part of this is that my phone works with voice calls and whatnot but no audio can be played. Since his phone plays audio there is no issue with the car.. any ideas?

wcjeep

Reaction score
Are you connected with audio and media? It sounds like the phone "media" is not enabled.

OP
4myeuro

4myeuro

Reaction score
How do I go about checking if its enabled? The media is enabled on my car and like I said his phone plays Pandora. And I can talk through the Bluetooth just fine for voice calls.

wcjeep

Reaction score
When the car bluetooth is connected to the phone, long press on the phone Bluetooth. Your VW Bluetooth should be high lighted. It should say "Connected to phone and media audio". If it doesn't say this, click the settings wheel to the right. Be sure the Call audio and Media audio are checked.

OP
4myeuro

4myeuro

Reaction score
Wow, that was easy! Thanks guys!!! I have been fighting this stupid thing for a while now! I thought it was my phones fault! User error

noternie

Reaction score
When the car bluetooth is connected to the phone, long press on the phone Bluetooth. Your VW Bluetooth should be high lighted. It should say "Connected to phone and media audio". If it doesn't say this, click the settings wheel to the right. Be sure the Call audio and Media audio are checked.

I'm only getting the option to check phone audio, not media audio. Does my Galaxy S3 have an outdated operating system?

wcjeep

Reaction score
My local Honda dealer first question when dealing with Bluetooth problems, is it an iPhone? IPhone 5? It might be a problem with the Samsung. Recommend delete the Bluetooth list on phone and car stereo. Then try again. If this fails might try full reset on phone. My S3 connects to multiple Bt devices.