Bluetooth hell... please help! must be hands free truck driver

logan1nwo

Reaction score
Long story short...
New to forums and such so I hope I am posting in right place. I am 39, still learning this technology and I drive a loud dump truck for 11 hours a day 6 days a week. I had original droid but now have the BIONIC. I need a Bluetooth headset/earpeice that works, that I can hear over the truck and that keeps me hands free and off the phone itself.
I spent big money and tried the Motorola elite silver from Verizon... junk! no one could hear me!
I tried a cheap Just Wireless BT-38 from Target... worked great and it used the free app my moto speak (which on a side not I hate cause it sounds like a cheap copmputer voice from the late 80's) However the earpice was too damn uncomfprtable.
Took both bluetooths back and the got the BLUEANT Q2. I love it. It is loud, fits well and I can hear you and everyone can hear me clear... HOWEVER, THE VOICE COMANDS DOES NOt WORK!!!???!!!!
When I hit the button on headset it says loading voice commands then says not compatable with phone!!!! Are you kidding me??!! 300 bucks for Bionic and 100 bucks for Q2 (both state of the art and fairly new) and still I can't win. Please help me. I read on some threads that Q2 works with Bionic and on other threads it does not.
Yes both pair to each other and calls are clear but voice comands to activate make call or text with voice does not for me :(

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problems. My 2005 car has built-in BT and the Bionic pairs with it quite well (as well as the other BT phones I've owned). Your title says you have to be a hands free truck driver. If that's the main place you're using it, I suggest trying ones designs to sit in cars, rather than your ear. Just a suggestion.

tedankel

Reaction score
Using the Motorola "Command One". Picked it up w/the Bionic. Lots of fitting options to your ear so should be comfortable and block out other sounds. Does work with voice commands, hence it's name.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

glockit

Reaction score
Did you install the blue ant app. I had trouble with mine on a droid 1 until I installed the blue ant app

slim6596

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
Blue Parrot Road Warrior B250xt

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

tedankel

Reaction score
One thought...did you install MotoSpeak yet? That may let your existing BT earpiece work the way you want. I had to do that with the Command One.

Mikeymaxima14

Reaction score
Settings ....location and settings ....make sure
Bluetooth bypass is on. Then go to settings....voice and input settings...play around with the settings for voice commands.

Remove other apps that are not for your current headset.

I use pro voyagers ...amazing.

If none of the above work..under bluetooth settings.. when you see your headset show up hold it down and a menu should pop up with options ..see if anything in there worksm
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I have the q2 also with my bionic. For some reason I still can't get the voice commands to work. Oh well... it is what it is.

cybric

Reaction score
I'm a trucker and I use the blue parrot road warrior headset. Works great and works with voice command. Can get it online or at a Love's.

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the Vlingo app to work with my Blueant S4 ... Could give that a try

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
BlueParrott B250-xt is the only Bluetooth I have found to hold up to vocational driving. I'm a fuel hauler, our trucks are almost as loud as your dump. Excellent speaker volume, noise cancelling is second to none. I can have the window open, CB and radio on, and the conversation is clear both ways. 2 cool things about the B250: the battery is replaceable AND the headset works while it is charging! Not like you will need that much, I charge mine once a week. Look on Amazon, I picked mine up for around $50, but the last 4 guys at work to get them paid closer to $80.
http://www.vxicorp.com/products/blueparrott-bluetooth-mobile-solutions/bluetooth-headsets/b250-xt/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BePrepared

Reaction score
Another vote for the Blue Parrot. It's the only choice for commercial drivers.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Another vote for the Blue Parrot. It's the only choice for commercial drivers.

I too am a commercial truck driver. I own/owned my share of BT headsets from the first days they have been produced but after no longer being able to deny actual hearing loss, I've reverted back to duel in ear cabled headsets. These ZaGG smart buds keep me legally handsfree, protect my hearing yet allow me to wear add'l ear muff style protection if desired. I use my BT when around town off duty where the noise is not an issue. I have gone from the TV set to vol 50 back to 15... Food for thought guys and gals.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Berniep

Reaction score
Another blue parrot truck driver here. It is the best that I have tried for loudness and being understood on the other end by far. I have to say though that the voice dial doesnt work as well as my iphone. Very rarely will it just dial the number. I have to run down a list of choices. "Did you say toyota service?" no "Did you say home 3?" no "Did you say Wife Other?" WHAT!!! I don't have an "Other Wife" and those things don't sound like each other at all anyway. I thought it was supposed to learn as time goes on but my voice dial lady is stupid I guess.