Bluetooth headphone volume won't change

jjcisn82

Reaction score
So here is my problem. I have a pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones connected to my phone and when I play music in the Music app the volume changes to maximum upon the start of every new song. Other than that it works good. I adjusted the level in settings and used the volume down button while playing music but nothing makes the setting stick from song to song.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That is a strange one, have you tried another music player from the Play Store to see if you have it with another program?

What about a hard reset on your phone? Hold volume down and the power button for 10 seconds and it will reboot.

OP
J

jjcisn82

Reaction score
I hard booted and still the same thing. I then downloaded google play music (noticed it wasn't installed from the Eclipse ICS rom i am using) and it still did the same thing. I then downloaded Winamp and the volume is now constant. So weird that the music app and google play music (I know they are the same app basically). Might be the rom but it's the only one that I can find that I like since stock is causing battery life issues for me.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well at least Winamp works for you, most say that is a better app anyway. I use Ubermusic over the stock one and like it much better.

SallyC

Reaction score
I imagine you've tried removing the device then re-pairing it? Do you have another pair of BT headphones you can try or try those paired to another phone? I'm trying to see if it's something with that headset.

I had a weird problem with my BT headsets after upgrading to ICS - they stuttered during playback unless I turned off wifi. They worked flawlessly before my ICS upgrade. I tried a couple FDRs, Forget Network, removed the headsets (I had two BT headsets and they both did the same thing) and re-paired a number of times - nothing made any difference. I finally logged on to the wifi network as a guest instead of admin and that fixed it. Which makes no sense, I know....I feel silly even telling anyone.

Technology is a wonderful thing - when it works.