Having a volume problem when listening through HD Dock since ICS upgrade

teddyw02

Reaction score
I am having a problem listening to music through my HD Dock now that i am upgraded to ICS. I can only listen at two volume levels now, full volume or silent. Any ideas on a solution? I have tried changing the volume level through the main settings but it doesnt make a difference. I assume this is a problem only when using the dock, but i cant really test without the dock. I have trouble getting my Razr to work with straight up headphones, it cant seem to figure out when headphones are plugged in or not.

Reaction score
I have the same issue in the HD dock. Volme goes all the way up and the sound pegs. I cant turn it down.

ddfuji

Reaction score
Yep me too. I have also noticed it with YouTube. I'm using a modified bionic dock

TheCarsForever

Reaction score
I have contacted Motorola Enterprise Support and they confirm this is a known bug. It is slated to be fixed in the next software update, but there is no official ETA for the next update.

wonkycows

Reaction score
Hey there,
Just wanted to share a solution for this problem with the world.
We've only just received the ICS update here in the UK (Late as usual). I have a set of powered monitor speakers attached to my dock. This means they don't really have a volume control for overall sound level. This wasn't an issue with ginger bread installed, but instantly became a big problem with the new ICS update.
The solution is to purchase a cheap headphone volume control off ebay. Really cheap (couple of £) and works perfectly. No hassle, just plugs strait in and works!
Hope this helps.:)
Now if only someone could make my stock gallery app work properly......
Wonky

jaybogg

Reaction score
Hey there,
Just wanted to share a solution for this problem with the world.
We've only just received the ICS update here in the UK (Late as usual). I have a set of powered monitor speakers attached to my dock. This means they don't really have a volume control for overall sound level. This wasn't an issue with ginger bread installed, but instantly became a big problem with the new ICS update.
The solution is to purchase a cheap headphone volume control off ebay. Really cheap (couple of £) and works perfectly. No hassle, just plugs strait in and works!
Hope this helps.:)
Now if only someone could make my stock gallery app work properly......
Wonky

Welcome to the forums, good to hear from across the drink. This seems to be a good work around for those who don't want to wait for the update.:biggrin:

manders500

Reaction score
I downloaded Music Volume EQ and just reduce all of the levels for when I am in the dock. Works well.