Bluetooth audio keeps skipping

shameronsho

Reaction score
When i have my phone connected to my car stereo via bluetooth the playback skips a little. Its not skipping tracks it just has a very brief skip and the song keeps playing. Is anyone else experiencing this? It never happened with my og droid, so i am pretty sure it is not my headunit or sd card. It does not happen when i have headphones plugged in. It does this with both google music and Motorolas music player.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ddfuji

Reaction score
When i have my phone connected to my car stereo via bluetooth the playback skips a little. Its not skipping tracks it just has a very brief skip and the song keeps playing. Is anyone else experiencing this? It never happened with my og droid, so i am pretty sure it is not my headunit or sd card. It does not happen when i have headphones plugged in. It does this with both google music and Motorolas music player.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

seems bluetooth related. i know with one of my Bluetooth speakers if it got to far from my device it would do this. but since yours is in the car its probably not distance. maybe its just a weak Bluetooth or there is some kind of interference??

OP
S

shameronsho

Reaction score
seems bluetooth related. i know with one of my Bluetooth speakers if it got to far from my device it would do this. but since yours is in the car its probably not distance. maybe its just a weak Bluetooth or there is some kind of interference??

I really do not know what could be interfering with it. There is no way it can be the radios. I have tried with 4G/3G off, airplane mode on and wifi off. Still it skips, i have tried disabling any programs that may be pulling data and turning off the sync. I'm trying to find someone else with a bluetooth device I can test this with.

If no one else is having this problem, is it safe to assume there is something wrong with my bluetooth chip?

Ironsides

Reaction score
Im having the same issue. Bluetooth skips when connected to my car stereo. I thought it was the app i was using. But it does it on all my music apps. Iheartradio, pandora, tune in radio and google music.
My old droid x and d1 never skipped and neither does my wifes nexus so thar tells me its my bionic and not the head unit. Hopefully there is a patch or update to fix it. It's really annoying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

joliett

Reaction score
My Droid X2 skips also when playing music in my car. I tried rooting, and almost everything else. I havent tried a custom ROM - anyone know if that would work?

joliett

Reaction score
My never ending research led me to this:

1.Motorola said WIFI and BLUETOOTH cant co-exist, so turn off WIFI when using BLUETOOTH.
2. I read elsewhere that going into SETTINGS, APPLICATIONS, RUNNING SERVICES, ALL, BLUETOOTH SHARE - turn off. It will work until phone is rebooted.

Or freeze Bluetooth Share with Titanium Backup (rooted).

I bet they both do the same thing. I'll try it tomorrow.

If it works, I'll be DancingNexusdancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ lala::biggrin:

nyg052003

Reaction score
My never ending research led me to this:

1.Motorola said WIFI and BLUETOOTH cant co-exist, so turn off WIFI when using BLUETOOTH.
2. I read elsewhere that going into SETTINGS, APPLICATIONS, RUNNING SERVICES, ALL, BLUETOOTH SHARE - turn off. It will work until phone is rebooted.

Or freeze Bluetooth Share with Titanium Backup (rooted).

I bet they both do the same thing. I'll try it tomorrow.

If it works, I'll be DancingNexusdancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ lala::biggrin:
did u ever figure it out?

having same issues with my galaxy 3

joliett

Reaction score
did u ever figure it out? having same issues with my galaxy 3

I did figure it out on my Motorola Droid X2. It took about 3 years of suffering and listening with a wire, instead of using bluetooth - until I found the solution:

Click SETTINGS, BLUETOOTH SETTINGS. Look under (connected ) Bluetooth devices ..Press and Hold the device (for me DNX8120 - my Bluetoothed NAV)...you get to OPTIONS...there you will see under Profiles...Phone and Media. Uncheck (Phone calls, in/out going) Phone, leave MEDIA (Music) checked and my music plays 100% correct...with no skipping.

My solution seems like it may be relate to turning off Bluetooth Share...but I know turning off Bluetoothed Phone data works for me...

shail

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One plus 3
I fixed this issue by disabling "sms notify" in my car Bluetooth setting

shail

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One plus 3
Short video on how i solved this issue.

ASWYND04

Reaction score
I really do not know what could be interfering with it. There is no way it can be the radios. I have tried with 4G/3G off, airplane mode on and wifi off. Still it skips, i have tried disabling any programs that may be pulling data and turning off the sync. I'm trying to find someone else with a bluetooth device I can test this with.

If no one else is having this problem, is it safe to assume there is something wrong with my bluetooth chip?
I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM LG TABLET BLUETOOTH TO DUEL TOUCH SCREEN HEAD UNIT. I HAD THIS SET UP FOR OVER 16 MONTHS WITH NOW PROBLEMS OTHER THAN THE AUDIO AND VIDEO WAS OFF BY .5 OF A SECOND, BUT LATELY I BEEN HAVING THE SKIPPING ISSUE, REMINDS ME OF A CD SKIPPING. I TRIED RESETTING EVERYTHING STILL NO FIX.. HEADPHONE HOOK UP WORKS JUST FINE BUT THEN I CANT CONTROL MY TABLET WITH MY TOUCH SCREEN AND THE AUDIO ISN'T AS LOUD OR CRISP...

fju2112

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL
@shail.404786

So, you had to disable SMS via your car's settings? I went into Bluetooth settings just now and disabled text alerts from my phone's settings for that particular device, so I'm hoping that helps.

Here's another question: I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that I sometimes ride in the car with my gymbag, which has my Garmin bluetooth watch connected to my phone at the same time? The watch isn't doing anything or tracking anything while I'm driving of course, but just the fact that two devices are connected to the phone at once - is this enough to potentially disrupt music and cause it to skip? I'm going to try turning the watch off today when I drive and see what happens.

Also, the skipping I experience only happens after I've driven for a certain amount of time. Only after 20-30 minutes. I know this screams, "clear your cache", but I have already tried that and it doesn't seem to have an effect.