Bluetooth audio keeps skipping

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
@shail.404786

So, you had to disable SMS via your car's settings? I went into Bluetooth settings just now and disabled text alerts from my phone's settings for that particular device, so I'm hoping that helps.

Here's another question: I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that I sometimes ride in the car with my gymbag, which has my Garmin bluetooth watch connected to my phone at the same time? The watch isn't doing anything or tracking anything while I'm driving of course, but just the fact that two devices are connected to the phone at once - is this enough to potentially disrupt music and cause it to skip? I'm going to try turning the watch off today when I drive and see what happens.

Also, the skipping I experience only happens after I've driven for a certain amount of time. Only after 20-30 minutes. I know this screams, "clear your cache", but I have already tried that and it doesn't seem to have an effect.
Welcome to the Forum!

Having a Bluetooth watch connected shouldn't cause the music skips / pauses. I listen to music every time I drive and always have my Moto 360 watch paired with my phone. If the Garmin is like other smart watch devices it uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) which is different than standard Bluetooth connections, like cars, speakers, headphones, etc. Anything is possible but I have not experienced any issues with music skipping or pausing related to wearing a smart watch.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

fju2112

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL
thank you!

On another note, this thread started *six years ago* and apparently the issue persists for many. o_O

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
True, Bluetooth issues seem to be common complaints for many users.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk