Bluetooth eats up way too much battery...

jimmythegent

Reaction score
ForumRunner_20130507_195517.png

Oh this was with it just turned on and never used

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
View attachment 62708

Oh this was with it just turned on and never used
And why do you think Bluetooth is eating up to much battery? You state that you have Bluetooth on but not using it. Why would you have it on if you don't plan on connecting to another Bluetooth device? Depending on your settings, if you have Bluetooth turned on it will continue to search for another device to connect to...that uses battery. Based on your screen shot, 2% of the total battery used (used, not capacity) over a 11+hour period is not bad.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
And why do you think Bluetooth is eating up to much battery? You state that you have Bluetooth on but not using it. Why would you have it on if you don't plan on connecting to another Bluetooth device? Depending on your settings, if you have Bluetooth turned on it will continue to search for another device to connect to...that uses battery. Based on your screen shot, 2% of the total battery used (used, not capacity) over a 11+hour period is not bad.

Because my 2013 Accord has blue tooth and it connects when I get in it... but even standing "not connected" it uses up too much battery IMO and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much when connected, the phone heats up pretty roughly if your streaming music especially. Mark of the fail if you ask me, the iPhone doesnt do this.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you are using the blue tooth that way and don't need the WiFi, turn it off. That would be a BIG help.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
If you are using the blue tooth that way and don't need the WiFi, turn it off. That would be a BIG help.

Wifi goes off automatically when the drive smart function is triggered via connecting to the car

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I thought you said it wasn't used, (the BT), Are you not using it in the car?
/confused

Actually, I checked again, not bad. Yes, it is used in the car, automatically connects everything, phone book, speed dial, etc.

I guess its when Im streaming music, BUT thankfully, I just plug it into the USB port in the car and I charge it while I listen to music if the battery is low.