Bluetooth connectivity issues

rugby1

Reaction score
Just picked up this Droid Maxx to replace my Droid 3 the other day. I also have a S3. Love this news phone!

One issue is I cannot connect my Plantronics Voyager headset to the Droid Maxx. It works fine with my other phones, but the Maxx cannot see it.

I am dreading to have to take the Droid Maxx back for the 'lesser' S4. The headset cost more than the phone! I tried VZW customer support and we upgraded firmware on headset, tried to connect in safe mode etc. No dice. Might this have anything to do with the new OS KitKat 4.4?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

jev

Reaction score
I'm not sure about your particular headset, but my LG tones as well as my jbl mini speaker and roku have no problems connecting. Can it connect to anything else?

OP
R

rugby1

Reaction score
The Droid Maxx connects to my Jawbone Jambox.....just not the Plantronics headset.

doogald

Reaction score
Might this have anything to do with the new OS KitKat 4.4?

It could be. The Bluetooth stack was changed for KitKat, including adding support for BT Low Energy devices.

I'd rather have a better phone and a new BT headset than an old BT headset and a lesser phone. But, that's just me...

OP
R

rugby1

Reaction score
Yes, I understand. The more I user the MAXX, I don't want to return it for the S4 or another phone. Any recommendations for a solid and affordable Bluetooth headset for the MAXX?

OP
R

rugby1

Reaction score
Did a 'simulated battery pull' and it worked. Thanks for the help.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I can't get it to connect automatically to my truck either Clarion deck) but it will connect to the other devices I have. If I go into the BT settings it will attatch. Chris

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you had another phone paired with your bluetooth device previously, you may need to go in and delete that phone and unpair your Maxx and then re-pair it. I had to do this with one vehicle, but not the other.