Bluetooth 5.0 Explained

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Dual audio feature makes this so much better. Oh, and the new speeds and range is nice!

I notice that on my Nexus 6, using bluetooth headphones, the sound would crap out JUST BY BEING IN MY PANTS WITH A COAT ON. This would happen with multiple headsets and at random. Some days it works fine, other days, the audio sucks.

Last edited:

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
The expanded range would certainly appeal to me. The only thing I really use Bluetooth for is connecting an earpiece while I'm at home. Right now I do need to have the phone and earpiece in fairly close proximity to each other before the audio starts breaking up.

I do also of course use Bluetooth in my vehicles for phone calls, but proximity isn't really an issue there. Nor is the throughput, at least as far as I've noticed. My only issue is the time it takes to connect, depending on the vehicle. I have a newer head unit in one of my vehicles and that unit has BT 4.0 in it, so my Galaxy S6 connects to that pretty quickly. However, my other vehicle has an older head unit in it that has BT 1.x or *maybe* 2.0...and it takes a good bit longer for my S6 to connect to that.

But some of those other new features for 5.0 are certainly nice to have as well!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All of my dumbphones with Bluetooth have/had a range with music headphones on of about 30 yards. Every smartphone I've ever had has a range of 10 yards tops. It'll be nice to have the range back to what I was used to before going the smartphone route. Throughput increase will be nice as well because I transfer photos over Bluetooth to and from devices but alas all my older devices will still be stuck on 4+ or lower so it'll be a while before I really see the benefits for my uses.

Samses1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy pocket
Ohhhh, thats good