BlueAnt v1 Bluetooth problem

galaxy1000

Reaction score
If you're looking for a car kit for the droid and have a gm vehicle with Onstar you may want to try the Galaxy 1000, available at www.galaxy1000.com

It's a bluetooth interface that works thru your Onstar equipment. I can personally say the Droid works PERFECT with this product.

Pueo

Reaction score
Ren, I too had problems with audio on my Q1 after firm ware update. I uninstalled and reloaded the update then paired with my Droid. Haven't had an issue since then. The Q1 is a perfect fit for me with its Voice cmd speed dail.

Ren

Reaction score
Q1

Pureo,

Which update did u reload 8.19 Q1 OR The Droid 2.01 update?

Regards

Ren

LordKastle

Reaction score
I never can trust reviews of Bluetooth headsets online...I remember last year purchasing a Jawbone v2 after reading it was the best ever....needless to say the background noise killer worked so well that it muffled my voice half the time.

Is the outgoing audio quality of BlueAnt excellent?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think ill go with the q1 since I do like the voice commands. One question is though if the droid releases bluetooth commands will the headset allow to use those commands as a default instead? That is one of my concerns.

Keep in mind that every Android phone is like this so this isn't just the Droid. I don't see why the Q1 wouldn't work like any other bluetooth device however IF they do "fix" it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never can trust reviews of Bluetooth headsets online...I remember last year purchasing a Jawbone v2 after reading it was the best ever....needless to say the background noise killer worked so well that it muffled my voice half the time.

Is the outgoing audio quality of BlueAnt excellent?

My last head set was a Jawbone 2. I had no issues with that either.

Something to think about for you, perhaps. ;)

droidsolo

Reaction score
I use the V1 and am having the same problem...the static is constant on every call and. I disable the bluetooth on the current call and after a couple minutes, the V1 connects automagically with no issues...I turn it off after every call and turn it on for new calls, after the call connects...

Pueo

Reaction score
Ren, I reloaded the Q1 firmware update, hope it works for you.

Droid_01

Reaction score
does anyone have a built in bluetooth to there car? how do you get the gps to navigate you by voice when you are using the blue tooth in your car? I was using the navigation last night and it was using my bluetooth but I couldn't get the voice to come on through my bluetooth nor my phone...... thanks for your help

MightyDingus

Reaction score
I have a Blue Ant V1 with the same problem. About 70% of the time when I try to make a call, the headset gets pure static for 30 seconds, then odd clicking for 30 seconds, then actually connects. During that minute, I've had to pick up the call directly on the phone. After the static and clicking, the earpiece will finally grab the call and is fine from there.

I've upgraded from 5.0 to 5.3 firmware and it made no difference whatsoever. I emailed Blue Ant support and they stated it was a problem with the Droid. I'm doubting that as the only headset problem I've been able to find is with the Blue Ant V1. Something is wrong there.

Getting Blue Ant and Motorola to acknowledge, let alone fix the problem is going to be a trick.

The V1 worked fine on my Storm, but I'm not going back to that PoS.

jwag

Reaction score
Recent email from BluAnt today:
"Are you
planning on creating a fix for the known Droid incompatibility with the V1?"

Not that I know of.

As Motorola Droid is a more recent product, normally the emphasis is on Motorola to adapt their software to existing products on the market.

As the Droid has a range of issues with many Bluetooth devices, I would say some updates will come out to resolve these issues:
http://cellphoneforums.net/motorola-droid/t305066-ota-droid-updates-coming-d
ec-11th.html

Regards,

Liam
Blueant Support Team

BlueAnt Wireless
BlueAnt Wireless - Bluetooth Handsfree, Car kits and Mobile Communication Devices
Technical Support: 1866 891 3032 Monday to Friday 6am-6pm PST

MightyDingus

Reaction score
So they directed you to an update that came out 2 months ago that obviously didn't fix the problem. Wow.

I gave up on Blue Ant and bought a Plantronics Voyager Pro and it's been awesome. Great call quality, Outstanding battery life, easy to use. Doesn't have the voice activation that the Blue Ant series does, but it actually works great with a droid.

I'm done with Blue Ant. After the complete lack of support with the droid and trying to blame anything but their earpiece, I'm done with the company.

DroidSufferer

Reaction score
BlueAnt Vi and Moto H780

I just bought the BlueAnt Vi and loved the clarity and fit, but found out from their c/s that it will not work with the Droid. I then bought a Motorola (!) H780 and am having the same static problems when calls are initially placed or received.

Just another reason to hate this stupid Droid! The other being that is is useless for corporate email forwarding due to the way it attaches previous emails as .eml files!

predator

Reaction score
I've got the blueant f4 interphone, but it doesnot work perfect for me, I am unable to pick-up the call most of the times, i.e it hangs and when the call ended, it too disconnected, so I have to re-connect it , and at high speeds , it's impossible for me to connect it again and again. I am not happy with it.

southernrock80

Reaction score
Bluetooth V1 and Motorola Droid

I had the same problem with my Blue Ant V1. Great BT and noise reduction was nice called Blue Ant they said it was a Motorola issue called Motorola and they said should work offered to do a seven day compatibility test which I promptley replied this is my business phone which must work reliably as well as the headset and being without either for seven days is unacceptable. Next I called Verizon told them about the issue they had me take the phone to Best Buy for replacement (still in 30 day warranty). After the phone was replaced I tried placing a call with the Blue Ant worked fine on the first call but by the second call the static was back. Best Buy rep said the technology may be the issue so we tried a new BT called the Jabra extreme nice headset but noise cancellation was not working for me so after using for a day I returned the Extreme and bought a Jaw Bone icon which works awesome very comfortable and clear.