Blue tooth headphones for workouts who has tried what?

speedo

Reaction score
Was looking at the Motorokr S9 on Veizons site and read some reviews on Amazon seems to be ok, but everyone says theres room for improvement.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=10985&page=1

I am sick of dealing with my Apple Nano thing has been bad for battery life lately and tonight all the songs were gone which was the last straw ( I think cause I plugged it into my work computer to charge it and it erased all the music cause they suck with music rights) anyway so I used my droid on my run but I don't like the bulk and or fear of getting it wet with sweat. So this is my modivation for getting a headset. I like the inear type of head phone as I currently use Sonys.

So who has tried what with the droid?

How is the S9? Can I change tracks without my phone being there?

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i use the blueant q1(it has speed dial but not advance music track) but that's just for one ear so if you want it for both i have no idea. least this will bump you up. good luck!

delaen

Reaction score
I went through two pairs of S9's that shorted out due to light sweat in less than two months. It's a common complaint for something that's supposedly waterproof.

Now I use the Samsung pair that was on sale for $29.99 through Verizon last week (might still be). So far so good.

Guchi

Reaction score
I went through two pairs of S9's that shorted out due to light sweat in less than two months. It's a common complaint for something that's supposedly waterproof.

Now I use the Samsung pair that was on sale for $29.99 through Verizon last week (might still be). So far so good.

mine should be here today! are they any good? they stay in? im kind of excited

delaen

Reaction score

mine should be here today! are they any good? they stay in? im kind of excited

Yes, they stay in great. These headphones are a different kind of setup than most of the stereo bluetooth headsets I've seen (you'll see). They're standard headphone buds.

The only thing that takes some getting used to is the swinging mono piece, but it's fine if you tuck it down your shirt or hang it behind you. Overall I like them much better than the S9's thus far.

OP
speedo

speedo

Reaction score
Thanks for your info.

Well I ordered some S9 HD's off of ebay, I am concerned about the sweat issue but I got them brand new off of ebay for 36$ free ship so what the heck sink or swim I guess. Thats about half what I could of got them off Verizon's site, but I am sure Verizon would of been more user friendly if I have issues with them.

I will post up my results when I get them.

Jackattack

Reaction score
I use the mororola S305

These appear to work great while working out, I sweat terribly and the speaker covers a soaked after I use them. No shorting or side effects yet. I am impressed with the features full control over music player, back track, foward track, volume up/down,pause play. Also has mic for answering phone calls one button for cancel call and one for accept. Very easy to use. Impressed so far.
Amazon.com: Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset (Black): Cell Phones & Service

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
These appear to work great while working out, I sweat terribly and the speaker covers a soaked after I use them. No shorting or side effects yet. I am impressed with the features full control over music player, back track, foward track, volume up/down,pause play. Also has mic for answering phone calls one button for cancel call and one for accept. Very easy to use. Impressed so far.
Amazon.com: Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset (Black): Cell Phones & Service

Went in to VZW store to get a case for my wifes Droid and grab a set of S9 HD's. They didn't have any S9's in stock, but they did have the S305. I remembered what you said, so I checked them out, and bought them. Louder than the corded Sonys I used at the gym earlier today, and actually better sound. Stoked on the purchase so far.

How are they on battery drain? I go for extended bike rides of 6+ hours, and I am concerned about killing my droid while pedaling obliviously. I suppose a spare battery is a likely purchase, since the extended batteries are so fugly, and won't work with the BG case.

Jackattack

Reaction score
I have not killed the battery completely but I can say with confidence that the headset will last a solid 4.5 - 5 hours while enjoying music. I use mine hour plus per day and with stand by time inbetween days I manage to not have to charge the battery all week. Please dont quote me I am sure there are a few variable that could change this but I am pretty confident. Let me know how you make out ?

Kurupt

Reaction score
I use the Jabra that looks like dog tag.

Yeah I use the Jabra Clipper with Sennheiser PMX 80 headphones. AWESOME, the sennheiser headphones have a volume control, when you take that off it shortens the cord so don't have a 6ft long head phone cord dangling to my clipper. I mount the clipper with an $2 Under Armour arm band I wear. That plus throwing my phone in the spibelt = perfect work out/ running setup