Verizon Pouches?

grimace

Reaction score
Hey I know everyone is falling over themselves for the seidio cases/spring clip, but I just don't wanna have the case on it & I don't like the clip that leaves the back totally exposed to the elements.......so I was on the VZW site this morning & they have a couple of pouches that look nice, but I wanna see if anyone has any experience w/ them? I don't like the shell/holster b/c I want a nekkid phone! Supposed to be getting my droid tonight, at least if my brother is home to sign for it!

Here are the two I'm talking about:

Leather Side Pouch
Enter your location

Leather Pouch
Enter your location

Reaction score
I've got the first one. I'm not too crazy about it cause the lining on the interior of the case is hard and with a rough surface. I'm always flexing the case when I put the phone in and take it out so the glass doesn't rake against it. I wouldn't recommend.

Danthok

Reaction score
I picked up the second one and I am reasonably pleased. The price tag is high but it does what it should. It does not show this on the website, but it is a side pouch as well that clips on to your belt. The inside is not plush but I am not worried about scratching like Mike above. I am not used to having a side holster but I am getting more and more accustomed to it.

I also picked up the car mount and would highly recommend that for anyone with a Droid. I use mine on a daily basis just to put my phone somewhere where I can see/access it easily while driving, instead of having to fumble to get it out of the holster/pocket in time to catch the call.

OP
G

grimace

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

Do either of these pouches swivel? In the first ones description it says it does, but the look of it on the site looks like it doesn't.......I'm more interested in the second one myself, just based on looks

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
I have the second one, but I quit using it.

My first complaint won't apply to you since you aren't using a case, but the phone was just too tight with the case on it.

My second complaint is that it always feels like it is about to fall off, no matter where I have it clipped to.

The second pouch, for sure, doesn't swivel. I don't think either do.

For a while, I just stuck it in my pocket. I still do at work, since I can't afford to send time worrying about the pouch falling off. What I ended up doing for my pouch was I found a generic Blackberry pouch that it fits quite well in, even with the case on. I may end up getting a camera case that I found that fits it. The camera case is a bit more bulky, but far more protective and definitely won't fall off my belt.

Slothead

Reaction score
I've got the second one and it is secure but at times it is a bit difficult to get the phone out {for two reasons: [1] the velcro is really tight (and noisy), and [2] the phone sits down in it so far that you really have to get your finger in the bottom hole to get it up far enough to get a grasp on it.} Other than that I think it is a good case and well worth what I think is a cheap price ($25).

liquidzoo

Reaction score
I have the second pouch as well, and it serves its purpose. I saw some of the cases for it, and there was one in particular that I really liked, but you can't put it in the car dock with a case on it (the sales rep and I tried with one of the store models).

A little hard to get the phone out of at first, but you get used to it. I had a generic pda pouch for my pearl (and LG Dare before that), but it was too small for the Droid. It was also magnet close, which I've read could keep the phone from locking (same principal as the car/home dock).

Danthok

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

Do either of these pouches swivel? In the first ones description it says it does, but the look of it on the site looks like it doesn't.......I'm more interested in the second one myself, just based on looks

It doesn't swivel, but IMO you don't need it to and would not want it to. As for the other replies stating that it is hard to get it out, there is a hole in the bottom middle to push the phone up where you can then grab it easily.

I personally thought I would not like it, but the more I use it the more I like it. It is nice to have a pocket freed up and not to worry about what I put in there that might scratch the phone.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I had the second one for 2 days and took it back. The phone fit well, but it was a 2 hand operation to get it out. Push it up through the hole in the bottom and then grab the phone with the other hand. Just using one hand was not easy and was asking to be dropped. I need to be able to get the phone out with one hand when I'm carrying something. I prefer a vertical case that has a swivel clip and can be positioned horizontal.

I ended up getting a Reiko similar to this one (perhaps this one, but I'm not sure) and it works fine. The clip swivels. They aren't the highest quality, but it looks nice. I picked it up at a mall kiosk. I normally use the combo shell/holster and then just use the Reiko one when I'm dressed up a bit, as the combo looks a bit industrial. The Droid will not fit in the Reiko unless I take the shell off.

http://www.reikousa.com/goodsview.asp?bjxGid=107342http://www.reikousa.com/goodsview.asp?bjxGid=107342

Edit: It has a magnetic closure and the Droid can only be put in with the screen facing outward. If the back is facing outward then the magnet will activate the dock mode.

Last edited:

Danthok

Reaction score
I had the second one for 2 days and took it back. The phone fit well, but it was a 2 hand operation to get it out. Push it up through the hole in the bottom and then grab the phone with the other hand. Just using one hand was not easy and was asking to be dropped.

I initially had this problem, but after about a week it was second nature. I have it on my left hip, to get it out I push the phone up with my middle finger and grab the phone with my pinky and thumb. I have big hands so maybe it works better for me than others. I have never dropped the phone when getting it out of or putting it in the holster.