blown speaker

Socal Autowerks

Reaction score
i actually have the same problem and was told by two different tech that its software related?? they said it would be addressed with the 2.2 update and there is a bulletin about it from HTC.

go figure. i guess i can wait it out otherwise they said they would replace it.

titos

Reaction score
i actually have the same problem and was told by two different tech that its software related?? they said it would be addressed with the 2.2 update and there is a bulletin about it from HTC.

go figure. i guess i can wait it out otherwise they said they would replace it.

I was told the same on my last replacement.only way i see them addressing the issue is them putting a limit on the volume with the next update

DonDon

Reaction score
When my first phone blew its speaker Verizon told me the same thing,first they ever heard of.When I got my second phone I left the media volume down a notch , and the speaker blew last week . I do use the alarm clock on it daily. And a couple of ring tones.

Jeff2002WS6

Reaction score
Add mine to the list. Almost sounds like it's loose inside the case. I can tap on the case and hear it rattle. I heard they give you a refurb in exchange??

scoder

Reaction score
If you're outside of 30 days, you get a certified like-new replacement, which may or may not have perfectly working used parts inside.

carpenter_22

Reaction score
they tried to tell me that they have not heard of any blown speakers on the droid as well when there was a number of ppl that i have found that had the same problem as i did.

DonDon

Reaction score
Just stopped by the Verizon store and told them that my speaker had blown in my second phone . my third phone should be here by Friday, don't know what to think. I stopped by a different store this time and the salesman said this is the first time he had heard of this ...go figure....

DonDon

Reaction score
My screen protectors are lasting longer than my speaker....

keno

Reaction score
Add me to the list of blown speakers

I just got back from my local VZ store. They are replacing my Incredible. The woman at the counter said WOW THATS BAD SOUNDING, and brought co workers over to listen to it. She wiped it to see if that would fix it and of course it didn't..They acted like they never had this problem before. Color me skeptical lol
She said since its late Thursday I should get the replacement Monday. I asked if I am getting new or factory renewed and she said new of course.. We'll see about that.. It sure sounds like HTC should step up and admit the problem, fix it and save face rather than put their head in the sand and act like its not a defective speaker system.

DonDon

Reaction score
One good thing about the Droid Incredible,that you can get a new phone every couple of months. My third phone should be in tomorrow..

zachcr250

Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble but I promise you, you will not get a new device it is referbished (i think that's spelled right). Even though they don't like to use that word that's what it is. It will come in a verizon box, not htc, and it will not have a battery or a back cover.:icon_evil:

DonDon

Reaction score
Yea I remember that's how my last phone came . I believe that the sales lady in the Memphis store did tell me that it would be refurbished,hard to remember. It looked like new ,but kinda hard to believe at the time that they would have any refurbished at the time the phone only been out about a month at the time . Just hope the next phone last longer . Do they have the same problem out of the Motorola Droid ?

cgaliffi

Reaction score
I just bought my DINC off CL and noticed that there was something wrong with the speaker. Now I know I'm not alone. It would have been nice if the seller had mentioned this.

Will Survive

Reaction score
Add mine to the list. Almost sounds like it's loose inside the case. I can tap on the case and hear it rattle. I heard they give you a refurb in exchange??

and here i thought i was the only one with the rattle. i can either tap it on my desk or shake it and i can hear the phone rattle.

i'm on my third phone with speaker issues. first time the rep didn't even question it. he just ordered it. second time it happened i took it to a different store and the rep was surprised. she never heard of this happening. she checked her computer to see if verizon or HTC had something on the issue. so she offerred to order me a certified like new replacement or get another phone similar to it. unfortunately they didn't have either the droid or droid x in stock. so i'll give it one last shot. if it happens again, then i just may demand a new phone, possibly a droid x or droid 2. i got my replacement phone a couple of days ago and set the volumes a tad low and also put a piece of clear tape on my case where the speaker is located so that dirt doesn't fall into the speaker. we'll see how long it last this time...

Last edited:

martin9752

Reaction score
Anyone in her experiance like a rattle periodically in the ear piece. I happens maybe one out of every 10 calls. Is that a blown speaker. If it were blown wouldnt it happen on every call.