If you have a blown speaker look here

kawinight

Reaction score

cnorm5623

Reaction score
Man i wish i would have known this while i still had my incredible..... i made verizon give me a diff phone when i went through 5 incredibles

jamestown478

Reaction score
Man i wish i would have known this while i still had my incredible..... i made verizon give me a diff phone when i went through 5 incredibles

I just received my 5th one this past week from verizon due to this issue.

nate39

Reaction score
I replaced my speaker as the video showed and the new speaker was no better than the old one. I have another one coming but wonder if it is another problem.

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Just finished doing this with the Nokia speaker and works great. Pretty simple to do, the worst part was just getting the phone apart. Seems like it might not be quite as loud as the stock speaker but i could be wrong, it's been quite awhile since it actually worked.

Thanks for nothing Verizon! Ha

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

nate39

Reaction score
My second one worked fine until I dropped my phone and the speaker went dead. I have two more coming. You can find an original Incredible speaker pretty easy on the internet but I would assume it is no better than the one that came with it. Even if it isn't as loud, maybe that it why it keeps blowing. Who knows.

cpjr

Reaction score
Ya'll do know that the phone has a 1-year warranty on it and Verizon will replace it for free if the speaker blows right?

nate39

Reaction score
Yes, but it means not having a phone for a while and getting a refurbished phone, not your original phone. It voids the warranty so you have to understand that.

cpjr

Reaction score
Well yes you would have to give up your original phone, but I would rather do that then 1) buying parts 2) tinkering with my phone 3) voiding my warranty........ but you dont go without a phone at all. Verizon overnights you the refurbished one and when you receive it you mail yours back, so you have a phone the entire time. And I could care less about getting a refurb phone, they are just reconditioned used phones, yours is a used phone. I have (unfortunately) had to send a D1, and when I had it my Incredible back and both refurbs were perfectly fine. Couldnt tell they werent new.

nate39

Reaction score
I realize the risks but I have read a lot of people who just have the speaker blow again so I guess it depends on which poison you want.

cpjr

Reaction score
This is true...but buying a $2 speaker off ebay doesnt mean it wont blow again either ;)

Either way its good to have the options.

I have been repairing iphones since they came out, so yeah, I understand.

GT944

Reaction score
Well yes you would have to give up your original phone, but I would rather do that then 1) buying parts 2) tinkering with my phone 3) voiding my warranty........ but you dont go without a phone at all. Verizon overnights you the refurbished one and when you receive it you mail yours back, so you have a phone the entire time. And I could care less about getting a refurb phone, they are just reconditioned used phones, yours is a used phone. I have (unfortunately) had to send a D1, and when I had it my Incredible back and both refurbs were perfectly fine. Couldnt tell they werent new.

I can vouch for this. You go into any full service store, a sales manager checks out the phone to ensure your warranty stickers are still intact and not water damaged (make sure you take off any invisible shield before going in, the sales guy that did mine said technically those void the warranty because they use water to install them) and you just wait for a replacement in the mail and never go without your phone.

- Greg -
Sent from my ADR6300

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Yes they wanted to give me another phone. but I had my phone a month and I didn't want no freakin used phone. The warranty is a joke. After 30 days they just give you a used phone? That's total crap. I've seen so many people start down that road and go through 5 phones.

So I saved the void stickers and will put them back on if need be. 2 bucks and the phone works great after 5 minutes is worth it to me. Even if I do need it warrantied I'll have them overnight me a phone put the sticker back on and no questions asked

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited: