blown speaker

Soundtouch

Reaction score
Incredible speaker blown

played some music for a hour or so... now my speaker is blown. I called it in and of course they repeated "wow this is the first time we have heard of this"..I interrupted them and let them know HTC is aware of this problem there are so many others with the same issue. Within the next minute my "like new" phone was processed and 2 day shipping confirmation received. dancedroid

shochman

Reaction score
My wife's DINC had the same problem with the speaker not working. We called Verizon tech and they had us do a factory data reset (settings-->privacy--factory data reset) on the phone, and after reactivating the phone, the speaker worked again! He claimed it was most likely a software bug caused by an application or recent update.

Soundtouch

Reaction score
That beats waiting for a replacement. They tried the reset on mine but speaker still blown.

DonDon

Reaction score
Another speaker blowned!!! It was my 3rd phone. It lasted 25 days... My 4th phone should be in next week..

RyanPm40

Reaction score
What the hell are you guys doing to your phones? I've had mine since the day it came out with no issues XD and I talk on speakerphone on a nightly basis

DonDon

Reaction score
Using it as a phone and a alarm clock daily... This last phone i kept the volume at half, still blew the speaker,i really don't use the phone a whole lot either.

iloseguitarpicks

Reaction score
mine just recently blew out too...do they replace the whole phone, or just the speaker? Also, do they cover that under warranty? I bought the phone full retail, so they better give me a new one:icon_evil:

DonDon

Reaction score
Phone will be replaced, 1 year manf. warranty on phone.

Will Survive

Reaction score
i just received my fourth incredible after the 3rd one blew the speaker after only having it for three weeks. but this time the service rep at verizon noted on the computer that if it happens again they will offer my a different brand of device. hopefully it doesn't blow. i even ordered a nice pouch for it so i don't get anything on the speaker. i really like this phone but after four replacements i'm kinda getting tired of it. if it blows time for a different device. perhaps the samsung facinate?? or maybe if my phone last long the new HTC that will come out by the end of the year that looks like the EVO?? oh my...

DonDon

Reaction score
I asked about getting a different style phone,they(verizon) said they didn't exchange like that anymore..

iloseguitarpicks

Reaction score
Well, they dont give a ****ty refurb do they? cuz id rather deal with my speaker than get one of those pieces of **** ha. and they did that with my blackberry btw, my storm died like 3x in 90 days and they gave me a storm 2 for free :happy:.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
i just received my fourth incredible after the 3rd one blew the speaker after only having it for three weeks. but this time the service rep at verizon noted on the computer that if it happens again they will offer my a different brand of device. hopefully it doesn't blow. i even ordered a nice pouch for it so i don't get anything on the speaker. i really like this phone but after four replacements i'm kinda getting tired of it. if it blows time for a different device. perhaps the samsung facinate?? or maybe if my phone last long the new HTC that will come out by the end of the year that looks like the EVO?? oh my...

If I were you, I'd cross my fingers it'd blow, and then get the Droid 2. That thing looks niiice =]

PDMotorsports

Reaction score
I'm on my 4th DINC (well I will be tomorrow). All of them have had blown speakers. I don't listen to music or use aftermarket ring tones. If this one goes then I will be getting the Droid X

FatherSarge

Reaction score
Mine blew 4 days after I got it and they sent me a certified-like new. Figures. Apparently the batch of DIncs mine came from had a different speaker then the originals (probably due to the shortages) so my tech figured the speaker was just a pos knock-off

New one works fine. Glitchy here and there but nothing that can't be lived with.

Must say, I am still bitter about getting a phone that wasn't brand new...