BlackDroid

Chazdel

Reaction score
"WOW" I am so in jaw drop mode of what you guys are doing with the Droid, I love my new phone and I am so into and unsure of how to go about doing some of the things you guys are able to do, I have built computers and a 10:20 Pro street 69 Camaro but this has now got me so interested! How do I go about installing Black droids latest on my Droid 2.0.1 Thanks for any help, Chaz

Mojo

Reaction score
First, I would recommend for you to look look at this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/20687-complete-how.html

And read up about rooting in general... it really is simple to do after you get through the first time. And you can add a lot of good functionality to your droid as well. But its not just rooting that you need to know, but how to fix if something goes wrong in the process.
I read this from someone here on the boards (cannot remember who though) but; to only tinker as much with your device as your paycheck allows you to in the instance you break it.
Now if you still want to have all the features and would like to take a easier route out of not wanting to spend time reading up. Then you can also check out DroidMod.org and use their DMupdater app.. it does all the hard work for you. Either way, just read up in the hacks forum, watch a video or too.. they are posted on here somewhere.. follow the directions that are posted to a tee! And life should be good.

Mojo

Reaction score
Oh... and the complete how too thread, those instructions apply to installing just about any ROM. Just apply it to your desired ROM of choosing.