Black Motorola Logo

Xtreme_Droid

Reaction score
I have been reading all morning about how to Root and install the FROYO update to my Droid X. After reading for several hours I felt I was ready and prepared to update. First, I downloaded the Universal Androot program and rooted my phone. I then downloaded the FROYO update and updated my phone. The update seemed to have completed and I rebooted my phone. While my reboot was going on the Black Motorola "M" never went away, after several minutes I decided to try to power the phone off with negative results. I then removed my battery and tried to start the phone up again. the phone still didnt get past the Black "M" screen. I then decided to do a Reset of the memory before the reboot and tryind rebooting again. Still had the Black "M". I then went back and did a Cache reset and finally the phone booted up like normal. All of my apps are missing and I had to log back into my Google account on the start up. My phone still appears to be rooted as the SuperUser app is still in my Menu and I can still use wireless tethering. My question is was my phone actually "Bricked" and how do I know if I have the FROYO update installed?

araldo

Reaction score
You will know if it is changed by the look of the lockscreen and check the ABOUT in the settings. It will show what you are running

OP
X

Xtreme_Droid

Reaction score
I looked in the about section of my phone and don't see FROYO anywhere...The lock screen is definately different, but does anyone know what the version number of the update will be after updating?

OP
X

Xtreme_Droid

Reaction score
Word, good to know, thanks for the help. Now I'm trying to install a recovery system, which one would you recommend for the Droid X and where is a good How to for the install?

araldo

Reaction score
Word, good to know, thanks for the help. Now I'm trying to install a recovery system, which one would you recommend for the Droid X and where is a good How to for the install?

Im not 100% sure on this because I have not had to do a recovery. I believe Titanium backup is what your looking for. You need to be rooted. I also have Bootstrap recovery and Rom manager installed. Once again, I dont know how to actually use them lol