Black market on stock rooted?

fizeke136

Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of the custom roms out there have a black market. Im not sure, but if i extract the apk from one of those roms and put it on my phone (stock rooted at the moment) would it still work? thanks for any responses.

jeffly777

Reaction score
Yes. Backup your current Market.apk and replace it with the black one from the custom ROM and it should work fine.

The Market.apk lives in /system/app/. You have to use either Root Explorer or ADB to replace it. I would recommend ADB, but either will work.

OP
F

fizeke136

Reaction score
ok cool...thanks a lot. yea, I usually use root explorer to that kind of stuff. I just wanted to be sure it would work. but thanks again

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Yes. Backup your current Market.apk and replace it with the black one from the custom ROM and it should work fine.

The Market.apk lives in /system/app/. You have to use either Root Explorer or ADB to replace it. I would recommend ADB, but either will work.

vending.apk

Black market http://db.tt/dC4Jzab

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

jeffly777

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry. Wrong .apk in the wrong place. That's what happens when you're half asleep on the internet and thinking of old android.

Thunderstruck