Birdman boots alternate recovery on DroidX!

713King

Reaction score
its amazing its just a matter of time for Koush to get his clockworkmod implemented to the X!!!! since birdman can now boot from recovery to android!

armedmonkey

Reaction score
(expletives and hell yeahs!) dancedroiddancedroiddancedroidBirdman is awesome!!!
QFT, +1, Cheers, and all that goodness.

Moto is going to finally release Froyo and nobody's gonna upgrade to it because everyone will already have it. Pwned.

The great thing is, guys, once this is perfected... Moto can't do anything to us about it. As long as you stay on non-moto software, they will never be able to patch the exploit that allows us to do it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
its amazing its just a matter of time for Koush to get his clockworkmod implemented to the X!!!! since birdman can now boot from recovery to android!

I would rather see sprecovery myself....

armedmonkey

Reaction score
I can understand your feeling of being overwhelmed. Here's the explanation.

Think of OEM computers...

You buy a computer from Dell and they give you a "Windows Restore" (or w/e) disc. It contains a copy of Microsoft Windows™ with it which is loaded with a bunch of extra applications and utilities.

Imagine if Dell also made it so you didn't have admin access on your computer so you couldn't delete those stupid apps that are slowing down your computer. ROOTING your phone helos you be able to remove that crap (and more)

Sometimes dell also replaces a bunch of the screens, like the login screen with their logo feces. You can't just remove this, can you? And what's more, imagine that dell also replaced some of the system files with their own GUI which is ugly and runs slow. WTF?!

Ok, so you go buy real Windows without the taint of evil in it and go to install it. You install it, reboot, and your computer tells you that you're running software that isn't allowed and won't boot until you reinstall from Dell's CD.

That's what Droid X is like. Moto put crap on it and modded the OS. They locked the BOOTLOADER (thing that loads the OS) and made it lock you out of your phone if you go to install a non-Moto OS on it (ie stock android from google's site)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just gives me more reason to want the Droid 2. That will get cracked too.

s2k_848

Reaction score
I was worried about giving up my original Droid and all the custom ROMs I could load and replacing it with the Droid X. Now with all this in progress I can't wait for the Droid X to arrive. So hopefully any day now it will be delivered to my door steps.