Bionic's On/off button

Darksthour

Reaction score
So I was in a best buy earlier and I was messing around with the phone and I really want one. However the top left placement for the button seems rediculous. Does anyone with the phone and have day to day use have any problems with it? Is it something that's akward at first but becomes second nature soon? Just curious if it's something that would annoy the ever living sh*t out of me every day I had the phone after spending a lot of money on it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I've had the phone for a little over a week and I'm already used to it. I dont even think about it any more. The D1's button was on the right, when I went to the X, I had to get used to the power button being in the middle and the menu, home and back buttons were different! I've paid my due's!

wseyller

Reaction score
Took me a couple days but I finally got used to the power button and the different arrangement of the capacitive buttons. Coming from d1. If the d1 had the button on the left and the bionic's was on the right everyone would ***** just the same just because its a change.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
Darksthour

Darksthour

Reaction score
Yea i see what everyone I saying. I just think when you have the button on the right Its easier to get to than the left. That is because I'm right handed though. Coming from the Droid 3 I don't mind the button in the middle but it's also a smaller phone.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I started with a OG Droid nearly 2 years ago.. when I switched to my DX it took a couple of days for me to get used to it.. when I got my Bionic it took about 3 days before I was adjusted. it aint no big thang really ;)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
DROID 1 right
DROID x middle
DROID bionic left

Idk what motos getting at changing it everytime but at least its not on the right side of the phone like the samsung gs1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I like it much better than it being on the right side. You don't have to push down as hard to turn it on. And I'm right handed.

Tegamal

Reaction score
As a right hander, I find it easier to reach on the left. At first, I didn't think I'd like it, but once it was in my hand, I loved it.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

GadgetRick

Reaction score
As a right hander, I find it easier to reach on the left. At first, I didn't think I'd like it, but once it was in my hand, I loved it.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
How do you find it easier to reach? I'm a big guy with big hands and it's most definitely harder to reach. I hate it on the left.

wseyller

Reaction score
I think on the original game boy the power switch was on the top left. I was 8 yr old and I didn't find it hard to reach.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I'm left-handed, but mostly just for writing. I do pretty much everything else with my right-hand (it's a right-hander's world). The button placement wasn't too big of a deal for me; very easy to get used to. The biggest adjustment I had to make was not overreaching and accidentally pushing it while I'm trying to place it in its dock. But even that wasn't a biggie. My Bionic was definitely worth the adjustment, though.

Stevet86

Reaction score
I'm left handed as well. I adjusted from an OG DROID to the Bionic without thinking about it until I read this thread. Turns out I use my thumb to press the button.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums