Bionic vs Galaxy SII: game, set & match?

Houdiniact

Reaction score
I just watched that MHL video and that's pretty sweet. Now I'm just going to have to watch the timing of the release of the various devices. One thing about the bionic it seems like you will be able to attach it a cheap little hub and then attach a standard monitor keyboard and mouse and use it as a portable desktop and it also has Bluetooth support for various input devices. This is gonna be a tough call now. That Samsung is sexy as hell. But I have to say that I have a D1 and I had a thunderbolt and tried various othear phones and Motorola's implementation even on an older phone like a D1 is the best experience. It's durable and all of the functions are great my only gripe is with the camera.l so I will have to wait and see how this all pans out.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just watched that MHL video and that's pretty sweet. Now I'm just going to have to watch the timing of the release of the various devices. One thing about the bionic it seems like you will be able to attach it a cheap little hub and then attach a standard monitor keyboard and mouse and use it as a portable desktop and it also has Bluetooth support for various input devices. This is gonna be a tough call now. That Samsung is sexy as hell. But I have to say that I have a D1 and I had a thunderbolt and tried various othear phones and Motorola's implementation even on an older phone like a D1 is the best experience. It's durable and all of the functions are great my only gripe is with the camera.l so I will have to wait and see how this all pans out.

Yea, despite all the naysayers, haters....the Bionic will have some things ppl want. Depends on how cheap that hub is...lol.

BigZig

Reaction score
hold on wait where have i seen The Bionic vs Galaxy SII. Thread before..... O Yeah is been played out on this forum for the past 2 months now just what we need another thread on this topic....yeahhhhhhhhhh

Houdiniact

Reaction score
Just because you have been trolling doesn't mean everybody has. If you don't like it don't read it. Although it is somewhat fulfilling to me to see your level of discomfort with the topic :icon_ banana: LOL

BigZig

Reaction score
its not the topic its the fact that there are many other threads that discuss the same thing and every thread in this fourm turns into a Bionic Vs. Galaxy SII thread so i see no need to post another thread that goes over the same things that have already be discussed in depth in other threads.

BigZig

Reaction score
i have been trolling you have 4 post since april and all of them have been in this thread....ummm whos the troll?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Almost lost it just now. Saw a Verizon commercial pop up, said coming from Samsung, on our 4G LTE network, the Samsung Galaxy...Tablet.

Blah...

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
That phone you got posted there is a good phone but it is slatted for Europe only.. I am looking for where I read it and I will post it. The closest to the phone is the Hercules on T-Mobile...

I think it says it right in the article. The bandwidth on the lte radios are different. I just loved seeing what a posisble form factor might look like that has an lte radio in it. I love how subtle the bump is (radio location?). With the sprint version looking pretty sharp as well, I like our chances.

dancedroid

vzdroid13

Reaction score
What exactly does the Bionic have over GS2? The GS2 has smoked every phone around for the past 6 months. I will have the same chipset as the d3, which is good, but hasnt blown anyone away, and many similar features as the Photon, but thicker and no kickstand.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
Please go buy a samsung since thats what you want.. But STOP trying to get me to buy something I may not want This is a a Bionic forum not a Samsung forum.

Just a little fodder for debate. And I can't make you do anything(well, my one Jedi trick is that I can make you think about an elephant by saying "Don't think about an elephant "). And what I really want is another Motorola because my D1 has been bullet proof. But I would be lying if I tried to say that I wasn't a little miffed that motorola didn't aim to be at least equal to the gs2 in some critical areas, when I believe they are going to ask for top dollar for the bionic.

My apologies ,,I did not mean to offend anyone, I am just tired of hearing about a phone or phones that nothing official has been put out. (But that they are so much better than this one. .! )On another note I believe Motorola whishes this phone was out!!! And that it would go away ,Because they are tired of all the negative publicity on it .Even though it is or is not deserved they wish it would just go away.
But you are right they will want a premium dollar for it.

No offense taken at all. I just like debating about all of the possible possibilities :)that are hopefully soon to come. Everything of course will come down to the only thing that matters, and that's getting actual hands on time and determining how it feels and looks to me and if it meets my needs and expectations for performance and price.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
What exactly does the Bionic have over GS2? The GS2 has smoked every phone around for the past 6 months. I will have the same chipset as the d3, which is good, but hasnt blown anyone away, and many similar features as the Photon, but thicker and no kickstand.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

A choice of another phone? So this doesnt derail into another GS2 the almighty ...Bionic sucks...

Choice of another phone. Sometimes thats all it has to be...choice of another phone...

rayw796

Reaction score
The truly amazing thing on these discussions is comparisons between all these great phones coming out, but no official specifications, no official release dates, and on some we don't even know if it is actually coming to Verizon or not.

I for one would like to get actual information from Verizon or manufacturer on Bionic, SG2 and Vigor. It would make it much easier to know whether to wait or not.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well if people didn't speculate based on rumors, this would be a very empty forum=P

Since Motorola refuses to give us any concrete information, we have to take the leaked info and rumored pictures and try to make something of it.

The only thing they've given us is a general release date, no specs, no nothing.

endobrian

Reaction score
It's great if you live in Europe and you don't like bug fixes / updates. Samsung is the worst. They would rather you buy a new model then fix any bugs for your old one.

leakim13

Reaction score
I don't care what the name on the damn phone is anymore, I've had an upgrade for almost a year and have been stuck in D2 hell waiting.... I have never in my life had money in my pocket dyyyyyying to buy a new phone when the one I have works fine (relative term) but come on... for the love of all that is holy will someone please just release a dual core phone with a gig of ddr2 ram, LTE, a better screen & camera (with one front facing of course) with improved battery life! Oh and screw your locked bootloaders and allow me the option of risking "breaking it" so that I can use the vast knowledge of the amazing development community so I don't have to worry about waiting for you to fix anything.

I would finally like to spend my time worrying about something else.

Thank You.

(just lost 8% of my battery posting this and it makes me angry)

A liberated gingerbread broadcast from the Great North Woods from an ULV 1.35 OCed D2