1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bionic vs Galaxy SII: game, set & match?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by bigdad63, Aug 10, 2011.

1. bigdad63

bigdad63 New Member

2. billyk

billyk New Member

I think timing might be an issue.

If the GS2-4G were to come to VZW in September, I would agree that the Bionic might not look very attractive. But, I am not convinced that a GS2-4G will make it to the fight.
  3. droidrenegade

droidrenegade New Member

Please go buy a samsung since thats what you want.. But STOP trying to get me to buy something I may not want This is a a Bionic forum not a Samsung forum.
  4. ryblock

ryblock New Member

The point is to make people aware of choices - these two phones are very similar...Relax
  5. bigdad63

bigdad63 New Member

Just a little fodder for debate. And I can't make you do anything(well, my one Jedi trick is that I can make you think about an elephant by saying "Don't think about an elephant "). And what I really want is another Motorola because my D1 has been bullet proof. But I would be lying if I tried to say that I wasn't a little miffed that motorola didn't aim to be at least equal to the gs2 in some critical areas, when I believe they are going to ask for top dollar for the bionic.
  6. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    That phone you got posted there is a good phone but it is slatted for Europe only.. I am looking for where I read it and I will post it. The closest to the phone is the Hercules on T-Mobile...
  7. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Heres my question for those that know...

If it comes with that 1.5 Snapdragon or a whatever clocked Tegra 2....would you still want it?

For benchmark folks.. the 1.5 Snapdragon in the EVO 3D had the best scores....but barely. Clock it down to 1Ghz like the rest and it either was right on par or lesser than the OMAP 4, Tegra 2 and possibly Exynos (dont think the GS2 was on any benchmark charts at the time) This shouldnt be the same chip thats in the EVO 3D tho.

One article said it might have a S Amoled + HD screen. Most folks already prefer the S Amoled + screen...if it is an HD screen....should mean higher screen res. Article also mentioned that HD screen might be using Pentile.

I mention all this cuz so far the U.S. version of the GS2 specs is about as up in the air as the Bionic launch date was a few months ago. If there are spec changes from the overseas version, would it still interest you? Especially the change from Exynos to something else. Some folks claim its kills everything else in benchmarks...lol.
  8. droidrenegade

droidrenegade New Member

My apologies ,,I did not mean to offend anyone, I am just tired of hearing about a phone or phones that nothing official has been put out. (But that they are so much better than this one. .! )On another note I believe Motorola whishes this phone was out!!! And that it would go away ,Because they are tired of all the negative publicity on it .Even though it is or is not deserved they wish it would just go away.
    But you are right they will want a premium dollar for it.
  9. Houdiniact

Houdiniact New Member

The galaxy looks like a great phone... BUT!! It's missing one of the features iv'e wanted in my phone since I got my original D1. HDMI I will not buy any phones from this point on that don't have an HDMI port. But that doesn't mean i'm going to run out and buy the Bionic without reading tons of reviews about it first to make sure the camera, video, and battery life are at least acceptable.
  10. chuckz28

chuckz28 New Member

It does HDMI out from the micro USB. New technology. I forgot the acronym offhand something like mhi or something.
  11. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

12. chuckz28

chuckz28 New Member

13. Mullensbb

Mullensbb New Member

thank you droidrenegade! props to you for taking the words right out of my mouth. I too am tired of hearing about speculated non factual information and how is so much better than the bionic...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  14. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I was gonna delete my post seeing how you beat me by 1 minute...lol. Then I saw you didnt remember the acronym....

Yea...I just thought about that too. If it can make for a slimmer phone, it should be used by other phone manufactures.
  15. Houdiniact

Houdiniact New Member

That's very interesting. Is that 100 percent compatible with any HDMI screen or TV? Also do you need some kind of expensive dock to make that work? Also does do audio and video? If so that would be interesting to know how since I think USB has quit a bit lower bandwidth
  16. Houdiniact

Houdiniact New Member

I just watched that MHL video and that's pretty sweet. Now I'm just going to have to watch the timing of the release of the various devices. One thing about the bionic it seems like you will be able to attach it a cheap little hub and then attach a standard monitor keyboard and mouse and use it as a portable desktop and it also has Bluetooth support for various input devices. This is gonna be a tough call now. That Samsung is sexy as hell. But I have to say that I have a D1 and I had a thunderbolt and tried various othear phones and Motorola's implementation even on an older phone like a D1 is the best experience. It's durable and all of the functions are great my only gripe is with the camera.l so I will have to wait and see how this all pans out.
  17. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea, despite all the naysayers, haters....the Bionic will have some things ppl want. Depends on how cheap that hub is...lol.
  18. BigZig

BigZig New Member

hold on wait where have i seen The Bionic vs Galaxy SII. Thread before..... O Yeah is been played out on this forum for the past 2 months now just what we need another thread on this topic....yeahhhhhhhhhh
  19. Houdiniact

Houdiniact New Member

Just because you have been trolling doesn't mean everybody has. If you don't like it don't read it. Although it is somewhat fulfilling to me to see your level of discomfort with the topic :icon_ banana: LOL
  20. BigZig

BigZig New Member

its not the topic its the fact that there are many other threads that discuss the same thing and every thread in this fourm turns into a Bionic Vs. Galaxy SII thread so i see no need to post another thread that goes over the same things that have already be discussed in depth in other threads.
Search tags for this page

mhl support phone moto droid