Bionic vs Galaxy SII: game, set & match?

bigdad63

Reaction score

billyk

Reaction score
I think timing might be an issue.

If the GS2-4G were to come to VZW in September, I would agree that the Bionic might not look very attractive. But, I am not convinced that a GS2-4G will make it to the fight.

droidrenegade

Reaction score
Please go buy a samsung since thats what you want.. But STOP trying to get me to buy something I may not want This is a a Bionic forum not a Samsung forum.

OP
bigdad63

bigdad63

Reaction score
Please go buy a samsung since thats what you want.. But STOP trying to get me to buy something I may not want This is a a Bionic forum not a Samsung forum.

Just a little fodder for debate. And I can't make you do anything(well, my one Jedi trick is that I can make you think about an elephant by saying "Don't think about an elephant "). And what I really want is another Motorola because my D1 has been bullet proof. But I would be lying if I tried to say that I wasn't a little miffed that motorola didn't aim to be at least equal to the gs2 in some critical areas, when I believe they are going to ask for top dollar for the bionic.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
That phone you got posted there is a good phone but it is slatted for Europe only.. I am looking for where I read it and I will post it. The closest to the phone is the Hercules on T-Mobile...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Heres my question for those that know...

If it comes with that 1.5 Snapdragon or a whatever clocked Tegra 2....would you still want it?

For benchmark folks.. the 1.5 Snapdragon in the EVO 3D had the best scores....but barely. Clock it down to 1Ghz like the rest and it either was right on par or lesser than the OMAP 4, Tegra 2 and possibly Exynos (dont think the GS2 was on any benchmark charts at the time) This shouldnt be the same chip thats in the EVO 3D tho.

One article said it might have a S Amoled + HD screen. Most folks already prefer the S Amoled + screen...if it is an HD screen....should mean higher screen res. Article also mentioned that HD screen might be using Pentile.

I mention all this cuz so far the U.S. version of the GS2 specs is about as up in the air as the Bionic launch date was a few months ago. If there are spec changes from the overseas version, would it still interest you? Especially the change from Exynos to something else. Some folks claim its kills everything else in benchmarks...lol.

droidrenegade

Reaction score

Just a little fodder for debate. And I can't make you do anything(well, my one Jedi trick is that I can make you think about an elephant by saying "Don't think about an elephant "). And what I really want is another Motorola because my D1 has been bullet proof. But I would be lying if I tried to say that I wasn't a little miffed that motorola didn't aim to be at least equal to the gs2 in some critical areas, when I believe they are going to ask for top dollar for the bionic.

My apologies ,,I did not mean to offend anyone, I am just tired of hearing about a phone or phones that nothing official has been put out. (But that they are so much better than this one. .! )On another note I believe Motorola whishes this phone was out!!! And that it would go away ,Because they are tired of all the negative publicity on it .Even though it is or is not deserved they wish it would just go away.
But you are right they will want a premium dollar for it.

Houdiniact

Reaction score
The galaxy looks like a great phone... BUT!! It's missing one of the features iv'e wanted in my phone since I got my original D1. HDMI I will not buy any phones from this point on that don't have an HDMI port. But that doesn't mean i'm going to run out and buy the Bionic without reading tons of reviews about it first to make sure the camera, video, and battery life are at least acceptable.

chuckz28

Reaction score
The galaxy looks like a great phone... BUT!! It's missing one of the features iv'e wanted in my phone since I got my original D1. HDMI I will not buy any phones from this point on that don't have an HDMI port. But that doesn't mean i'm going to run out and buy the Bionic without reading tons of reviews about it first to make sure the camera, video, and battery life are at least acceptable.

It does HDMI out from the micro USB. New technology. I forgot the acronym offhand something like mhi or something.

M

Mullensbb

thank you droidrenegade! props to you for taking the words right out of my mouth. I too am tired of hearing about speculated non factual information and how is so much better than the bionic...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The GS2 does HDMI thru the usb port:

Samsung Galaxy S2 has MHL support – mobile high-definition video link

I think some recent HTC phone use MHL too.

Thanks jroc. I couldn't remember the acronym. Fewer ports the better IMO.

I was gonna delete my post seeing how you beat me by 1 minute...lol. Then I saw you didnt remember the acronym....

Yea...I just thought about that too. If it can make for a slimmer phone, it should be used by other phone manufactures.

Houdiniact

Reaction score
That's very interesting. Is that 100 percent compatible with any HDMI screen or TV? Also do you need some kind of expensive dock to make that work? Also does do audio and video? If so that would be interesting to know how since I think USB has quit a bit lower bandwidth