Samsung announces LTE version of Galaxy S II

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by Tegamal, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Tegamal

Tegamal New Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not...

Samsung announces LTE version of Galaxy S II and Galaxy Tab 8.9, will show them off at IFA | Android Central
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

3. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Didn't VZW just say they would not be getting the SII? Could be going to Sprint, though, which I believe is switching to LTE from WiMax. Plus, I believe AT&T should be in the process of launching it's first LTE towers.

Also, I feel like VZW may be throwing Moto a bone or two. Depends on who really is responsible for the Xoom debacle and the delays on the Bionic. It would seem to be Moto, but VZW maybe owes them something for taking the risk and pains to provide the first high-end LTE devices.
  4. Tegamal

Tegamal New Member

They did say they would not be getting the Galaxy S2, but they would be getting an "almost identical" device.

SOURCE: Samsung Galaxy S II Not Coming to Verizon | TechUnwrapped

Like it said, just a rumor, but there's still hope!
  5. bhall238

bhall238 New Member

This is the phone I want next. I sure hope it comes to Verizon, I don't care what they call it, just as long as the specs are "almost identical" I think I'll be happy.
  6. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

I'm pretty sure this is for Europe seeing as it was announced in Europe and because Europe is getting LTE too.
  7. sb1831

sb1831 New Member

Keep in mind that in the U.S. AT&T and VZW LTE phones are not compatible because they run on different frequencies. I believe European LTE consists of 4 freqs so this may just be a European LTE/world phone
  8. jemmymoore

jemmymoore New Member

Thanks for sharing information regarding LTE version of this phone as i wasn't aware about it.:smile: S2 is a pure genius and worth its high cost. I mainly utilize s2 for playing games and surfing web but in comparison to my previous htc desire HD (which i have used for an year), the visual quality of sgs2 is far better.:icon_ rocker: So far i have used htc phones like wildfire s and desire hd but the technology provided in Samsung galaxy s2 is simply perfect according to my requirements. The built in applications in this phone is far better than those htc apps. Mainly its gps system which should serve an example to other phone manufacturers and software developers to built something innovative.:angry: