Bionic or Max

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I believe this has been covered before but not everyone has the same needs.
I currently own a Droid 3 since release date. I'm looking to get a phone with a bigger screen but not looking to spend 400-500 for a brand new phone. went on craigslist yesterday and found a month old RAZR max for 280, ( small crack in screen at bottom) and a Bionic for 200.

Developer support is important to me. Looking for anyone who has either our had both. Going to make a decision within a day or so. If I can negotiate with the RAZR owner and get the price down a bit, (200-230) I might go with it.

Since I've never had either device I haven't followed up on them, so I don't know pros and cons of each.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Both are solid devices but at this point in time I think I would go for a RAZR or Maxx. I had the Bionic and never had an issue with it. Currently have the Maxx and love it. Both get decent developer support but you are gonna see more with the RAZR.

And if you are looking for a used device be sure to check out swappa

Lots of gently used devices on there for a decent price. I'd trust buying there over CL any day.

OP
cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
Both are solid devices but at this point in time I think I would go for a RAZR or Maxx. I had the Bionic and never had an issue with it. Currently have the Maxx and love it. Both get decent developer support but you are gonna see more with the RAZR.

And if you are looking for a used device be sure to check out swappa

Lots of gently used devices on there for a decent price. I'd trust buying there over CL any day.

Thx I'll look into that

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I love the Bionic, but like Garemlin said, all solid devices. Plus you're gonna be hard pressed trying to find a new Bionic now at a decent price.

Last edited:

Scimino

Reaction score
The Bionic is having major major data issues. I love my bionic but HATE the internet connection. Verizon has been so unhelpful.

maxx1976

Reaction score
I own a razr Maxx and if the only difference in the razr and the Maxx is battery then I say razr. the bionic ive played with and its also nice. Stronger vibrate if that matters. Its alot like the original Droids as far as feel of buttons and what not.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Razr has more developer support, but the Bionic is still a good phone. The Bionic gets better battery life compared to the OG Razr, and it seems like it has better signal/data than my Razr in the boonies

OP
cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Well the lady that was selling the RAZR backed out on me, guess my offer was too low. It seems that I can get a Bionic cheaper and its not too old a phone. Might just go with it for a little while. Cant believe my D3 isnt a year old yet.
Thx for the response guys