Bionic or Gnex?

Scimino

Reaction score
A good friend of mine sold me a almost new Gnex for $120 it came with 5 oem batteries and 4 extended. And about 15 cases including a brand new otter box. I just couldnt pass on a deal like that. Posting a pic because i think im still in shock. But anyway i really like my bionic with this ics leak. And im pretty sure i can double my money. What would you guys do? Plz dont ask me to buy it on this thread. Im not trying to sell it on here. And i know the rules. ;) I am familiar with rooting and romming, just not with a phone that has a unlocked bootloader. SDK is a whole new realm to me. The gnex currently has a custom rom installed. I do plan on changing it back to stock.

View attachment 51666

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Well sad to say you are gonna get some offers if you want to or not. As for what to do I will offer you this. I have had both devices. Both are very nice devices. But with me Motorola wins hands down for reception and build quality. But for the price you paid you shouldconsider keeping it as a back-up or even a toy to play with. Tons of development for the G'Nex so can't see getting bored with it anytime soon. Sell off a few of the batteries and cases and you might recoup a good chunk of your money. The G'Nex would basically be a freebie then.

And you got that for a steal. I would have jumped on that in a second.

OP
Scimino

Scimino

Reaction score
Thats kinda what i was thinking about doing. Call me crazy but i love ics w/ blur over stock ics.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That is one heck of a deal you got there. If I were you I'd keep both devices. Make your Bionic the DD and keep the Nexus as backup or a device to mess around with. You could probably get back half your money selling all those accessories

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Theres a couple of tools for the gnex around the internet that make it easy to root. But you got a killer deal, its waaaaay better than paying full retail for one.
The only thing about rooting/unlocking the bootloader is getting the drivers properly configured, but once that's done your all set.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Theres a couple of tools for the gnex around the internet that make it easy to root. But you got a killer deal, its waaaaay better than paying full retail for one.
The only thing about rooting/unlocking the bootloader is getting the drivers properly configured, but once that's done your all set.

If ya read it. It says its already running a custom rom. Im guessing its already rooted and unlocked ;) just a hutch

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
Scimino

Scimino

Reaction score
Yeah i played around with android sdk for a while. Got it back to stock just in case I decide to let it go. I did leave the bootloader unlocked. I just cant figure out, why in the world you would need 9 batteries?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah i played around with android sdk for a while. Got it back to stock just in case I decide to let it go. I did leave the bootloader unlocked. I just cant figure out, why in the world you would need 9 batteries?
Constant use? That would be my guess, unless your friend lives in an area where he gets absolutely no signal at all:D

OP
Scimino

Scimino

Reaction score
The friend i bought it from actually bought this stuff from one of his friends. It was actually two gnex's and 20 batteries a hd dock, and the cases for $300 he split it all with me.

OP
Scimino

Scimino

Reaction score
Ok guys i need some help. I got my gnex back to stock 4.0.2, unrooted, unlocked bootloader. However i cant get into recovery. When i hold pwr vol +&- then select recovery i get the droid icon lying on its back with red exclamation point. What do i need to do to fix that?