Bionic not working with docks after flashing .246 FXZ

bionicDock

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I have a frustrating problem, after testing some custom ROMs (AOKP, CM 10.1) I decided to flash back to stock. I formatted data and cache, then proceeded to flash the .246 FXZ file I found here using RSD Lite. All was fine and good until I inserted my phone into my OEM Standard dock; the dock interface never appeared. No matter what I did the stock dock application would never launch. I then decided to test it in my OEM car dock, and I got the same result. Then I discovered that as well as not launching the car dock interface, it also would not play audio through my cars speakers. (the dock routes audio through the micro usb port, and down a special cable which splits at the end to allow an AUX source to be plugged in.) This is completely unacceptable since I use my Bionic as the "media center" of my vehicle. Can someone please help me?! I have tried reflashing several times now, all with the same result.

-NCB

mattjenn

Reaction score
After fxz did you factory reset and boot into stock recovery and wipe cache? That will get rid of any little things left. I always factory reset after fxz and wipe cache and I have never had any issues if that does not work try to fxz again you may have gotten a bad flash where something just didn't flash correctly

OP
B

bionicDock

Reaction score
After fxz did you factory reset and boot into stock recovery and wipe cache? That will get rid of any little things left. I always factory reset after fxz and wipe cache and I have never had any issues if that does not work try to fxz again you may have gotten a bad flash where something just didn't flash correctly

I'm pretty sure I did exactly that. I can't find the FXZ hosted anywhere other than the download I got. All the websites seem to point to the same download. For clarification, does the dock work for you?

Thanks,
NCB

OP
B

bionicDock

Reaction score
So I decided to try again, just to make sure I did it correctly. I downloaded a fresh copy of the FXZ, flashed it, went into stock recovery, wiped cache, wiped data/factory reset, then wiped cache again just to be sure. next I Booted it up, then tried it in both docks. Nothing. Still not working. Maybe you could link an FXZ that worked fr you?

thanks,
NCB

mattjenn

Reaction score
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/t...-op-updated-daily/page__pid__86797#entry86797

I don't have a desk dock but car dock and lap dock work for me and the fxz file I use came from this website for my bionic hope this helps. Also maybe before you try to flash again go into all apps and find the ones for dock I think there is 2 and clear cache data then force stop don't know it'll help but worth a shot before you flash again.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Are you using the fxz process in my signature?
I have all the docks and the same car setup with the aux. Input cord.
All my docks work fine.
Check to see if you have accidentally checked the setting to do nothing when inserted into the dock.
Clearing the cache and settings for the dock app should take care of it.

OP
B

bionicDock

Reaction score
Obsidian's For Ics Leaks /root/roms/fxz/rsd/threads/guides/safestrap/bootstrap/***all Download Links In Op Updated Daily*** - DroidRzr.com

I don't have a desk dock but car dock and lap dock work for me and the fxz file I use came from this website for my bionic hope this helps. Also maybe before you try to flash again go into all apps and find the ones for dock I think there is 2 and clear cache data then force stop don't know it'll help but worth a shot before you flash again.

Where do I got to clear the dock app's cache? If I go to settings > apps all I get are three tabs: Downloaded, internal storage, and running. The dock applications aren't listed there. How can I view a full list of all apps?

NCB

mattjenn

Reaction score
Where do I got to clear the dock app's cache? If I go to settings > apps all I get are three tabs: Downloaded, internal storage, and running. The dock applications aren't listed there. How can I view a full list of all apps?

NCB

There should be 4 tabs all the way to right should be one that says all these are the 2 apps for dock

ForumRunner_20130317_083826.png

OP
B

bionicDock

Reaction score
I found the all apps list. The three dock related applications I saw there were Motorola Dock Helper Service, Motorola Dock Service, and DockComm. When I open each of these, everything is grayed out except for force stop. I tried force stopping them and inserting it into the dock. Nothing still. I then tried reflashing using sst45jeff's guide and force stopping these same apps again. Nothing still. I'm at a loss of what to do next. I did notice that I had been using RSD Lite 5.6 instead of 5.7. I Installed 5.7 before my last flash. I'm not sure if that would have made a difference or not, but I wanted to cover all bases.

-NCB

mattjenn

Reaction score
I'm not sure then I will do some research see if I can find something else out for you

OP
B

bionicDock

Reaction score
I'm not sure then I will do some research see if I can find something else out for you

Thank you for your help. I'm not so much worried about the dock applications themselves; they can be replaced with others. What I really need is to get the audio out working again.

-NCB