Speakerphone in car dock when bluetooth/aux cable not activated not working?

bcpark2

Reaction score
This may seem like a strange problem, but it is supremely annoying and I hope I am just missing something obvious. With my original droid, when I had the phone in the car dock and either had bluetooth deactivated or had only the handsfree profile connected and not the audio profile, I would hear all sounds from the phone come out of the phone's speakerphone. These sounds include gps directions, music, and notifications. With the Bionic, as soon as I place the phone into the car dock, no sound will come out of the phone unless I connect the audio bluetooth to my car or connect the aux cable to my stereo. Because bluetooth audio is a separate source on my radio, I can't listen to music from another source (radio, cd, or ipod) and be able to hear the gps navigation directions from the phone. All I am looking to do is connect the phone to the stereo with handsfree bluetooth and keep the non phone call audio on speaker. Even if I turn bluetooth off and place the phone in the dock, I get no audio from gps or music. Surely, there must be a way to have other sounds come out of the speaker like they do when the phone is not in the car dock, unless they expect every customer who buys the car dock to use bluetooth or an aux cable for all audio from the phone. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Other than this issue, I'm loving the phone!

flash408

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Sometimes when I plug in the phone into the car dock when TuneIn radio is playing, the audio continues. But most of the time, if I try to start the app after connecting to the dock, no audio, not even for the Navigation. I dont have bluetooth, I rely on the speaker on the phone for the audio.

OP
B

bcpark2

Reaction score
Yeah it definitely seems to be the native car dock app that causes the issue. If I start navigation or any other app that outputs audio from the phone before docking it in the car mount, the audio works correctly either through Bluetooth or through the phone speaker. As soon as the car dock app starts up, I am usually dead in the water for audio. Does anyone have any modified car dock apps that they like to override the default?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

eoinf

Reaction score
Yeah it definitely seems to be the native car dock app that causes the issue. If I start navigation or any other app that outputs audio from the phone before docking it in the car mount, the audio works correctly either through Bluetooth or through the phone speaker. As soon as the car dock app starts up, I am usually dead in the water for audio. Does anyone have any modified car dock apps that they like to override the default?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Just had this problem today, any fix for this?