Bionic lapdock

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got a call from the Verizon store. They did get the lapdock and they're shipping it to my house.

Reaction score
I had to call 200 miles away but they took my credit card information and sent my lapdock $53

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Well,
After trying to watch the US Open golf video stream on the lapdock, glad this thing only cost me 50 bucks. Video was fair at best with constant freezing. Wi-Fi was so slow.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Yes, the phone itself uses a ton of it's own RAM and I've found streaming videos on the stock ROM is not very effective. When I watch videos, I use the mobile view in full screen mode instead of Firefox. If you can manage the memory better and keep down the ram hogs, you can get some impressive results.

Sent from my Red Carbonized Bionic

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yes, the phone itself uses a ton of it's own RAM and I've found streaming videos on the stock ROM is not very effective. When I watch videos, I use the mobile view in full screen mode instead of Firefox. If you can manage the memory better and keep down the ram hogs, you can get some impressive results.

Sent from my Red Carbonized Bionic

I watch netflix, slingbox, youtube all perfectly over the lap dock. Like Graymayre said, it's best not to have a lot of apps running in the background on the phone when using the lap dock.

quadtronix

Reaction score
Got mine!

:) Got mine today around noon and been playing with it on and off since... SOOOO worth the 50 bucks! This thing rocks! dancedroid Even in the store when the guy told me it was 50 I was like no way! "Why?" I asked. He said he didn't know but that it was probably a promotion or something. So I got it and am typing this on it now. I've already tried a lot of browsing, a little youtube (embeded in articles) and soon will try phone calls. Evernote works great in the phone window on the desktop and so does my bookmarks widget. tried wifi and 4G both are flawless with the dock. I read that it gets 8 hours on a charge plus charges the phone... SWEET! I also like the app dock on the bottom of the screen, the big touchpad, the USB ports (I have a mouse hooked up) and the build quality and design seem to be excellent... Highly recommended! :)

TatDroid

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's an app that allows you to see the actual battery level of the lapdock? Sort of like the "dual battery monitor" app I have on my Transformer tablet that shows battery level for both the tablet and the keyboard docking station.

urphonesux

Reaction score
@tatdroid

push the button on the front of the lapdock that has a battery on it. each light represents 20% battery charge. So 5 lights equals full charge.
also the light on the right rear of the lapdock beside the screen is a steady red when the battery is low, flashes white when charging, and is a solid white when fully charged and plugged in

TatDroid

Reaction score
Thanks, UR. Yes, I do know about those tiny LEDs on the front. But 20% increments is a huge gap. I'm hoping for an app or widget that gives an actual reading.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Seidio case will work with the lap dock?

Thanks! :)

Considering how snug the Bionic fits with the extended battery, I would say not without a bit of surgery.

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I finally got mine hands on one today and it's pretty sweet, especially for the money.

Can anyone recommend a laptop bag for this? Especially those that carry this around with an iPad?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Considering how snug the Bionic fits with the extended battery, I would say not without a bit of surgery.

Yea I was looking at that option, but don't think I want to go that route .. gonna try a Diztronic TPU case for $12 to see if it works.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I finally got mine hands on one today and it's pretty sweet, especially for the money.

Can anyone recommend a laptop bag for this? Especially those that carry this around with an iPad?

You're best bet is just to buy a regular carrying case for a laptop. The only one I found specifically made for the lap dock was just a sleeve, which, like someone else mentioned, leaves no room for accessories or anything else.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where are you all finding these things? My local Verizon store says they are all sold out within a 100 mile radius, none left in warehouse, and production has ceased. Apparently, from what I have been told, the Bionic is indeed out of production and so are all of the accessories.