Bionic lapdock

OP
droidxd00d

droidxd00d

Reaction score
I just got mine from Ben's Outlet. This thing looks pretty cool but is there a way to get it to work using safestrap and rooted phone or is onlt the bionic bootstrap that allows the phone to work correstly in the lapdock?

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get mine woall with bootstrap or safestrap on the safe side... but safestrap on the unsafe side works alright

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
one thing i would stay away from... based on experience but i'm not 100% sure about

i broke my first two lapdocks within a month with heavy use and i think this was the situation

your Bionic battery is half dead.... your lapdock battery is also low... so you pop your Bionic into the lapdock and it's charging off the dock... and you plug in the dock so it's charging off the wall charger... then you proceed to do your thing with the dock... browsing, texting, streaming youtube videos or whatever... reach around the back of the screen where the usb ports are and feel how hot it's getting after 15 minutes or so... i feel like that was the thing this dock can't handle... it gets roasting hot trying to handle all the power requirements... i mean REALLY hot... like the dashboard of your car on a hot summer day...

so anyway i've stopped doing that with this last lapdock i got around thanksgiving time and it's been goin like a champ since then... i try to make sure the lapdock is charged at night so when i use it during the day it doesn't have to be plugged in and that seems to keep the heat down... it still gets pretty warm trying to charge the bionic battery but nothing like how it will if the dock is plugged in trying to charge both batteries at the same time

cgj

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates. It sounds great and I'm looking forward to it. I'll report back on delivery.

whippersnapper02

Reaction score
I got mine for $80. So far I love it. People complain about the keyboard size but they fail to realize that the phone's on screen keyboard is way smaller.

I do have one issue. When I quote on forums it will turn the quote number into a telephone number with a link. Weird.

cgj

Reaction score
Delivered yesterday afternoon. If it functions half as nice as the apparent build and finish, I'll be quite happy with it. I've only managed about 10 minutes with it after charging but it looks good initially. I don't expect it to be a notebook afterall. Yes, the keyboard is a bit tight and the touch pad is going to take some getting used to, but I like it. A great deal for $90!!!

axlerod

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I just ordered mine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dliontis28

Reaction score
I've had mine for about 2 months or a little more and I still love it. Use it on a daily basis for blogging or browsing the web. Only problem I can complain about is the space bar, you have to hit it in the middle of the button. You will have a lot of your words run together when you hit the outter part of it. Other then that, have no other complaints and well worth under $100.

crimattyple

Reaction score
I've had mine for about a month and think it was a "steal" at $80. Really expands the abilities of the phone. One thing I find annoying is once my Bionic is in the dock and I open the lapdock it doesn't always seem to "load". I can see what's on the screen but pressing a button or trying to get into an app does nothing. I have to reseat the phone a couple of times before it works, even tho when seated the first time I can see that it's connected. Haven't found a solution to that yet, but I definitely have no regrets in getting it.

chuck54

Reaction score
50 bucks with a free bionic, 25 dollar extended battery.... amazing deal:icon_ banana::hail:

But how do i download apps for it? i went to the motorola cite where it presents a couple,but they are just links to the website that i have seen....

urphonesux

Reaction score
unfortunately we cant install apps to it yet. BUT.what you can do is run webapps on it and create a button for it on the dock as you will see on the right side of my dock. That grey button is for Google Docs
Screenshot.png

chuck54

Reaction score
Okay, makes sense now

So whats the difference between the weptop and the lapdock? Ik i asked this earlier in a different thread.... is the webtop a whole different peice of accessory?