Bionic lapdock

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Accessories' started by droidxd00d, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cgj

cgj New Member

Delivered yesterday afternoon. If it functions half as nice as the apparent build and finish, I'll be quite happy with it. I've only managed about 10 minutes with it after charging but it looks good initially. I don't expect it to be a notebook afterall. Yes, the keyboard is a bit tight and the touch pad is going to take some getting used to, but I like it. A great deal for $90!!!
  2. axlerod

axlerod Member

Thanks for the info. I just ordered mine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  3. dliontis28

dliontis28 New Member

I've had mine for about 2 months or a little more and I still love it. Use it on a daily basis for blogging or browsing the web. Only problem I can complain about is the space bar, you have to hit it in the middle of the button. You will have a lot of your words run together when you hit the outter part of it. Other then that, have no other complaints and well worth under $100.
  4. crimattyple

crimattyple Member

I've had mine for about a month and think it was a "steal" at $80. Really expands the abilities of the phone. One thing I find annoying is once my Bionic is in the dock and I open the lapdock it doesn't always seem to "load". I can see what's on the screen but pressing a button or trying to get into an app does nothing. I have to reseat the phone a couple of times before it works, even tho when seated the first time I can see that it's connected. Haven't found a solution to that yet, but I definitely have no regrets in getting it.
  5. fisch2481

fisch2481 New Member

$50 bucks at Verizon store. They are on clearance so they are dirt cheap!! Get 'em while the gettin's good.
  6. chuck54

chuck54 Member

50 bucks with a free bionic, 25 dollar extended battery.... amazing deal:icon_ banana::hail:

But how do i download apps for it? i went to the motorola cite where it presents a couple,but they are just links to the website that i have seen....
  7. urphonesux

urphonesux New Member

unfortunately we cant install apps to it yet. BUT.what you can do is run webapps on it and create a button for it on the dock as you will see on the right side of my dock. That grey button is for Google Docs
    Screenshot.png
    1 person likes this.
  8. chuck54

chuck54 Member

Okay, makes sense now

So whats the difference between the weptop and the lapdock? Ik i asked this earlier in a different thread.... is the webtop a whole different peice of accessory?
  9. urphonesux

urphonesux New Member

the webtop is the interface that comes up on the lapdock when you dock your phone
  10. mattyj724

mattyj724 New Member

Its 199 on the vzw site... wtf what happened to 50
  11. urphonesux

urphonesux New Member

my guess. either u are looking at the 100 or 500 pro model or its elementary my dear watson, supply and demand.
  12. mattyj724

mattyj724 New Member

it was the 100, should i be looking for something else??

Link would be awesome
  13. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

It's the one at Motorola Droid Bionic Lapdock | Verizon Wireless and mentioned at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/210081-motorola-droid-bionic-lapdock-sale.html and Deal Alert: DROID Bionic Lapdock Now Going for $50 Brand New at Verizon – Droid Life It is NOT the Lapdock 100, which, as you found out, hasn't been discounted.

I wouldn't bother looking online, but go to Store Locator - Verizon Wireless and enter your Zip Code. Look at the stores in the first tab as they would be the ones that would have them in stock. It'll be a "while supplies last" in stores sort of thing.

It was mentioned in another thread, but even if they say it's $199.99 in the store, have them scan it to show the discount. And it may be possible that if you use a Zip Code away from you, they might ship it and charge it to your Verizon account so it would appear on your next bill.
    1 person likes this.
  14. HTC1

HTC1 New Member

I just bought one. its worth $50 but not the $300 they used to sell them for

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  15. Graymayre

Graymayre New Member

Just got mine this morning in the mail. Tried to use it before I went to work to find out when it loads up, you see everything but it doesn't respond. I'm running eclipse 2.2 with safestrap and figured it was due to that. I looked around online and found that safestrap prevents the paddock from functioning and a few people were having difficulty uninstalling it? Which confused me because the application itself will remove it. I left eclipse on and removed safestrap recovery (leaving my ext3 tho) because I figured I can just reinstall it later if I want to do something. I will be testing this in a couple hours when I get home and I hope it works. I really don't want to go back to stock for this.

Sent from my Red Carbonized Bionic
  16. urphonesux

urphonesux New Member

im using the lapdock fine with bootstrap recovery and Eclipse 3.0
  17. Graymayre

Graymayre New Member

It's supposed to work fine with bootstrap and cwm recovery, but safestrap messes with it. And it isn't working for me. It won't load completely, the browser loads and you see everything, but the mouse won't work and the virtual phone won't load.

Sent from my Red Carbonized Bionic
  18. susafuss

susafuss New Member

damn ever since i heard about the price drop i have been calling around all the stores in my area, all are sold out and i call probably 20 stores lol
  19. Markb129072

Markb129072 New Member

The Bionic Lapdock is on sale at Verizon stores for 49.97.They are on clearance now.
  20. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

It may be possible to have it shipped from further away. You go to Store Locator - Verizon Wireless and pick a place further away. Have them bill your Verizon account.
Search tags for this page

bionic lapdock

bionic lapdock fit extended battery oem
droid bionic lapdock died
droid bionic lapdock extended battery

droid bionic lapdock manual

lapdock dead
lapdock hacks mod
motorola bionic lapdock manual
motorola droid bionic lapdock manual
motorola lapdock volume control
root env touch