Bionic lapdock

RandySr

Reaction score
Netflix runs well on my Bionic thru the lapdock.

As for the Razr fitting on the lapdock, not so sure it does without modifications. However, you can buy extension cables on ebay or amazon that would create a quick fix. My wife has a Razr and I got her the lapdock for the AT&T ATRIX (it was around $50 on a sale site and the Bionic lapdocks are hard to find) with the extension cables and it works fine.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thirdly, is it as good as the moto 100 or 500 or what are the differences as i can't even find the specs for it...can anyone help.

The Bionic Lapdock has a 10" screen like the 100, but the cradle is designed to fit the Bionic specifically. Extension cables do work.

The 500 has a 14" screen and a webcam.

Both the 100 and 500 can handle more phones than the Bionic Laptop, but at $50 the Bionic Lapdock was worth it.

brom

Reaction score
2012-08-28 09.26.12.jpgBionic lapdock has 11.6" screen not 10". youtube runs great.. usb hub works :icon_ banana:

Xbmc for android neon install works good as well

Ashikoman23

Reaction score
I'm hoping we get webtop 3.0 like the razrs have. Sounds like that would keep it pretty functional, I use my lapdock quite a bit and would hate for it to just become useless

Hiker5208

Reaction score
Ashikoman23 said:
I'm hoping we get webtop 3.0 like the razrs have. Sounds like that would keep it pretty functional, I use my lapdock quite a bit and would hate for it to just become useless

I am running one of the ICS leaks and the webtop is a lot nicer. I have pretty much decided to look for a good swap for mine with the lapdock though. Mostly due to me getting a 10" tablet that along with the Usb keyboard case I got for it takes the place of the lapdock for me and makes it a bit redundant. Just gotta find the right deal.

Just_AGuy

Reaction score
ICS has webtop 3.0. I've been running a couple different leaks for a few weeks. The only problem I found with 3.0 is the volume doesn't work on the lapdock correctly. 3.0 run like a ICS tablet there are mixed reviews on it. I like it 3.0 but I got my lapdock after I flashed to ICS so I never use 2.0.

JonnyDoIt

Reaction score
I'm selling my Bionic Lap dock...I've only used it a dozen or so times; it's in "like new" condition.

Full disclosure: Webtop 2.0 is a half-baked nightmare of an OS. Like watching your child in a school play, I really wanted 2.0 to be a success, but it's an utter failure. I put ICS .230 on my Bionic a few months ago (mostly to take advantage of Webtop 3.0), and have been pleasantly surprised with how functional it is. My employer, however, recently bought me a Xyboard and Bluetooth keyboard, making my Lapdock completely redundant at this point (I still occasionally use it to super-charge my Bionic; the thing is a lightning-fast charger).

I don't really know what a fair price on a used Lapdock should be, so PM and make me an offer - if you're interested. And no: no "for freeeeeeeee?) PM's please. :)

mykl376

Reaction score
I just got mine from the Daily Steals offer, it took just over a week to arrive. It seems to work fine, so here's a couple of quick things.

The circles of plastic tape that are supposed to show if the package had been opened, well, they were cut, so my package had been opened. That said, it looked brand new, with the sticker still over the touch pad, no visible scratches or finger prints. Came with a power cable, user guide, and one of those cloths to wipe the screen. If anything else was supposed to be there, it was gone.

The sticker on the Lapdock itself seems to indicate it was manufactured on Nov 7th, 2011. I don't know if that's when they all were manufactured, and they just never sold to expectations, but it is almost a year old.

After reading a some threads here and other places, I have a couple of tips.

I was constantly getting the "low memory" pop up. I ended up moving a lot of my apps to the SD card, from the phone's memory. I also turned off background data on the phone screen itself, then I did a quick "fast reboot" to clear the memory. I don't know which of those steps helped, or if it was a combination of them, but after doing all that I haven't had a single "low memory" pop up. I'm typing this from the lapdock now. I do only have one window open, trying no to tax the RAM, so I don't know what would happen if I started opening up windows like crazy. I was happy to have the memory warnings stop, so I wasn't going to push it.

I've also heard it's best not to have the lapdock plugged in while you're using it, as the battery can get extremely hot. Now, that seems like a silly thing to worry about, "don't plug in your lapdock, durrr" but if it helps keep the battery from overheating and prematurely dying, then it's worth mentioning. Especially since I don't know if I have any kind of warranty getting this from Daily Steals.

Overall, it's a neat little toy to play with. Worth it for the $50-60 range. Nothing groundbreaking, but fun to use.

leonard

Reaction score
Got mine in a week too. Just opened it last night, it came when I was out of state on business. Mine had been opened too. No covers on the touchpad or screen. Looked unused though, and works fine so far. Got the low memory warning. Had several windows open though. I will try the steps described and see if that helps.

summortuus

Reaction score
Anyone trying their ics bionic on lap dock now? It is AMAZING! I can't believe that Motorola is abandoning the Web dock after now FINALLY figuring it out with 3.0.

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Web dock 3.0 is amazing. Makes the lapdock completely worthwhile. I can actually use it without having to constantly fight with it crashing and locking up. The fact that Moto is abandoning the project once they finally got it right is disappointing at best.

quadtronix

Reaction score
Im on the Lapdock right now... It's pretty sweet with ICS... Totally different! Much better! I love ICS too! :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
It's a lot faster... that's for sure... but i really liked the old dual screen setup... i guess i gadda play with it some more and I'll get used to it